Lets try this again!

Well, the people on the EV board don't seem too responsive to this topic-lets try here..

Who do you respect? It canbe someone on the boards, a celebrity, or anyone else.

My list would be--

Chuck Yeager (1st person to break the sound barrier--and live)

Zelda (always holds her own in an argument--never seen her loose one)

Soviet Mikee (because every board needs an active conservative/ Zelda Fodder)

Admiral Grammaticus (ares)

Sargatanus (ares player/moderator)

Sundered Angel (ares player/moderator/nicest manifestation of evil I've ever met)

Laguna (ares player/moderator)

everyone at ASW--with the exception of Hector, that miserable money stealing bastard!

So who is you're role model/people you respect?

------------------
"Just because I'm evil doesn't mean I'm not nice."
--Charlie Fulton

Originally posted by Cotton Mouse:
**So who is your role model/people you respect?

sniff I'm not respected by you?

Mine is similar, you named half the people I would have put. I didn't put any celebrities, since I don't really know too many. Also, these aren't in any order.

Zelda - she proves that not all women actually have lives. 😉 Actually, she is an active female on the boards, has an interesting point of view, and doesn't appear to be intimidated by the males of the board, or bullied. She also doesn't seem to be the type to go out and do something stupid.

The people at Ambrosia, including those who have worked with them (like Glenn Andreas) - I thought this was a given. Especially if you like their products so much...

Sargatanus - he's a moderator, he's older than me-and usually is more mature, he's someone to look up to-except for some uh...bad habits, and he plays ares.

Sundered Angel - he's a moderator, he plays ares, and he is...oh wait, you already said that. He's more of a role model to me than the others...

Slug - He's a moderator (heh, copy and paste), he plays ares, and he makes great plugs, helping to keep the Ares community around and entertained.

Laguna - He's a moderator, plays Ares, and is from a different country with interesting perspectives, and he is someone I can relate to easily...

Mag Steelglass - (no more copy and pasting :)) He is one of the older members with gray hair, someone who has been around for a long time. He plays Ares, and is always friendly. I haven't really seen him yell at someone before...oh wait, what's this? 😉

Cotton Mouse - he's one of the older members I know, so I have to put him on the list somewhere. He also plays ares and has some good goals in life, unfortunately, he has bad methods of getting to them...

All the other moderators - they are obviously respected by others if they got that position, and they are quite friendly and good to have a civilized chat with. 🙂

Talos - one of the older Cythera members, someone who helped me get a foothold when I was starting out as a moderator. Also, he's one of the reasons Cythera's boards have been doing so well recently...

theKestrel - why? I have no clue. I just put him on here.

Ferazel_09 - a faithful supporter. Someone who doesn't tease the moderators, or abuse his privilages.

------------------

On the boards:

htjyang
Sargatanus
Sundered Angel

Off the boards:

Steven Hawkings
Albert Einstein
Neil Armstrong

------------------
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
-Alduran Outlaw Rick Blazer
StarLance

Whoah... well, I'm sure I'm missing some people out here, but here goes...

Zelda- Well, since you mentioned her, I thought I'd add that she keeps me amused. It's nice to see a girl's view on those touchy issues.

Admiral Grammaticus- The guy's great. What else can I say?

Sargatanus- This guy weaves an intricate plot. I should know, I've been working with him on it. And, of course, he's an overall good fellow and moderator as well.

Slug- Ah, Slug. The person to beat on the plug-in stakes... don't get too complacent, mate. 🙂

Laguna- Level headed, intelligent, friendly. Great to have on the team.

Avatara- Wow. Just goes to show that you don't have to be an oldtimer to be a nice person and excellent moderator, doesn't it?

The Other Mods- I like them. They're smart. They understand stuff.

Cotton Mouse, Mag Steelglass, the other Ares folks- Mature, individual, thoughtful, helpful, supportive. It's hard to moderate without guys like these to help you out... though technically I suppose it should be the other way round.

In the Real World- All those other mates of mine from the Ninth Layer of Hell. You know who you are.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

Board People: almost everyone, but above all Cotton Mouse and any other vegetarians/vegans for actually having consciences that aren't eased by lies 🙂

Public Figures/Politicians/whatever: Umm... I can't think of any... maybe the dalai lama or something.. no, hang on I've got one! Noah Chomsky (cause he's got that sample on the start of a Propagandhi song)!

Other people: Rushmore, John Szuch, the dude responsible for "post-marked stamps", James from Bendigo (Maridian) for his story and musical taste (if you ever see him on #ev or #ev3, ask him to send you his book, it's a great read!), my lit. teacher, my friends: Phil, Quin (nicest guy I know), Rachel (nicest girl I know), Christian, Josh, Rose, Reuben, Suzi, Dale (for introducing me to the word "rad"), Charlotte, Patrick, the guy at school who always says "Hello Peter" to me and I have no idea who he is and my brother for being a rich bastard!

Sheppo

------------------
can't see too far. can't see too well.
it's all the ending and you're in hell.

Hoo Ahh, fight the power, If I belived what the man wanted me to belive, and what others do, I'd be yping on a PC right now, wouldn't I 🙂

------------------
--Charlie Fulton

Oh yes, avartara, yes, I do respect you, you are the most mature new person to the boards in all their history, and the newest person to be a moderator as well.

------------------
--Charlie Fulton

Everyone says they will probably miss people out, and I'm not going to be the exception.

Admiral Grammaticus and AmbrosiaSW (For making all this possible)

Sundered Angel (Goes without saying, really)

Avatara/Tyrael/The Cat/The ibook (For keeping me awake on GameRanger until god-knows when  🙂 )

Cotton Mouse

Sargatanus

Slug (Works wonders with Hera 😉 )

Mag Steelglass (Although I rarely have the chance to speak to him)

Pyro, Zell (another Brit..huzzah! 🙂 ) and then nearly everyone else on these boards.

And off the internet? Um....the list is shrinking by the second.

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could have devised it. On my command, we will line up our ships and fly straight into the enemy death-cannons clogging them with wreckage.

(This message has been edited by Laguna (edited 11-14-2000).)

**Well, the people on the EV board don't seem too responsive to this topic-lets try here..

Who do you respect? It canbe someone on the boards, a celebrity, or anyone else.

My list would be--

Chuck Yeager (1st person to break the sound barrier--and live)

Zelda (always holds her own in an argument--never seen her loose one)

Soviet Mikee (because every board needs an active conservative/ Zelda Fodder)

Admiral Grammaticus (ares)

Sargatanus (ares player/moderator)

Sundered Angel (ares player/moderator/nicest manifestation of evil I've ever met)

Laguna (ares player/moderator)

everyone at ASW--with the exception of Hector, that miserable money stealing bastard!

So who is you're role model/people you respect?

Me. I couldn't write down the list, cuz' it's to long. You ARE on it, though. (sniff, still not a moderator) 😉

------------------
"I wanted to be a procastinator, but I never got around to doing it"
-Me

(quote)Originally posted by Laguna:
**Avatara/Tyrael (For keeping me awake on GameRanger until god-knows when;)

------------------

**Cotton Mouse prods Avartara with a twig

------------------
--Charlie Fulton

Um, this may seem a bit rude, but...

What about me?

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!

Oh, how could I possibly forget you! I knew soem people would feel left out if I did that!

**Cotton Mouse prods Captain Carnotaur with a twig

There!

------------------
--Charlie Fulton

Mebe I should put OctoberFost higher than you on my list in the B&B; topic....

------------------
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
-Alduran Outlaw Rick Blazer
StarLance

Dont get all angry on me, you know that's funny, I mean no harm--I'm sure he got the joke.

Remember, just because I'm evil doesn't mean I'm not nive.

------------------
--Charlie Fulton

**Cotton Mouse prods Captain Carnotaur with a twig

Ummmm, I don't get it.

------------------

OK: I prodded avartara with a twig, then you said "I don' want this to seem rudem but What about me?", to which I jokingly interpreted as "can I get poked too!?" instead of "Doesn't someone look up to me?", which seemed like a funny thing on my part, perhaps I've been mistaken.

------------------
--Charlie Fulton

heh 🙂

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could have devised it. On my command, we will line up our ships and fly straight into the enemy death-cannons clogging them with wreckage.

**OK: I prodded avartara with a twig, then you said "I don' want this to seem rudem but What about me?", to which I jokingly interpreted as "can I get poked too!?" instead of "Doesn't someone look up to me?", which seemed like a funny thing on my part, perhaps I've been mistaken.

Ooooooo! Now I get it.

P.S.

**...instead of "Doesn't someone look up to me?"...

Well, does anyone?

------------------

awwwwww hes desperate for attention.....

i repect most of the ppl on the boards, of course the number of ppl in the real world that i admire(besides my friends) is rapidly dropping.

------------------
"Who's next?"
-- Champion Maxwell Mokrev to an underling after leaping a fortress wall, killing 19 enemy SpaceMen, jumping into a tank, and crashing through all of the walls of the fortress, leaving nothing standing.
nickel count: 5