PoG FC & Another Question

Originally posted by SkipMeier:
**Necro, moderators are not above treating others with respect and courtesy.

I do, as many members will tell you, except when said members insult me.

As a moderator you are to see to it that posters abide by rules of common decency and refrain from using foul language, personal attacks and flames. It is my observation that quite often you are one of the offenders. And you are doing it again.
(/B)

Examples? Or are you just elaborating on this one situation. Yes, I was brisk, but I found your post very offensive. First off all, you claim that I live in some fantasy land where I make up my own credentials and such. Yeah, that's real polite. Secondly, you also insinuate that as a moderator I act as more of a mafia figure

This time you are objecting, not to flames, bad language, personal attacks or name calling, but to my post suggesting that Chill back off. I did not attack you but I did call into question your attitude. This is appropriate. What in the world does 'engineer' have to do with the original topic? You seemingly desired to impress with vague credentials. In the real world this can and will get one in serious and/or embarassing situations.
(/B)

And where is this so called warning to chill? It seems to me that throughout your post you were very sarcastic and beligereant. For your information, a web engineer is someone adept in the code side of web developing, and someone who has knowledge of systems, as apose to a site designer. I wasn't trying to impress you, I was trying to prove that I wasn't some kid sitting in his basement on an ego trip, as you seemed to insinuate in my original post.

**I called you on an attitude. You responded very childishly (and not at all appropriate for a moderator) both in your response to this list and in an e-mail to me personally. You directly attacked me with foul language and personal insults

This is a strong reflection on your character and Ambrosia (for having you as a moderator.)

Below is an excerpt from your e-mail to me (in which you lowered my 'karma'). I just wonder what is happening to your 'real' karma with your mean-spiritedness.

**Insulting a moderator isn't a good idea, moron.

-Necro**

Skip

Yes, I admit that I was over aggressive, my only excuse is that I had a very bad day. I had split up with my girlfriend and I had a bad day at work. Although this shouldn't have affected my judgement, I'm only human and it did. I apologise for my insults, and if I could take them back, I would. However, I will defend myself against your attacks against my position as a moderator. I try my hardest to be helpful at all times, but like I said above, I'm only human, and I do slip up sometimes. Once again, I apologise for my attacks on yourself, but I do not take back what I said about your post.

If you would like to continue this discusion, then I would appreciate it if ou would either e-mail me at jack_8500@yahoo.com or contact me on AIM.

------------------
Ladies and Gentlemen, as you know we have something special for you at
Birdland this evening. A recording for Blue Note Records...

Let's take it back to the concrete streets, original beats and real live MC's...
"We find it hard to strike a good balance between reality and fun. The reason being? Reality is often not fun." - _pipeline

Yea, Necro does have a rough edge, too used to old B&B.; It can't be helped that he does that now and then. Complaining about it isn't going to solve anything. Skip, that messege was pretty tame to what could have been sent to you. He sent the message out of the boards so therefore the rules do not apply. If I were to send you a rude messege via email it would not concern this board so therefore I would not get in trouble. He sent you a letter on why he lowered your karma. Though it was rougher than what you expect, it was his choice. Have a problem, don't waste time complaining to us, talk to andrew.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum5/HTML/000564-5.html")Cythera story(/url)
Cythera team story which has been around for 7 months.

I normally wouldn't quote an entire message, but I'm doing so now because I agree with everything you said, Skip.

**Necro, moderators are not above treating others with respect and courtesy.

As a moderator you are to see to it that posters abide by rules of common decency and refrain from using foul language, personal attacks and flames. It is my observation that quite often you are one of the offenders.

And you are doing it again.

This time you are objecting, not to flames, bad language, personal attacks or name calling, but to my post suggesting that Chill back off. I did not attack you but I did call into question your attitude. This is appropriate. What in the world does 'engineer' have to do with the original topic? You seemingly desired to impress with vague credentials. In the real world this can and will get one in serious and/or embarassing situations.

I called you on an attitude. You responded very childishly (and not at all appropriate for a moderator) both in your response to this list and in an e-mail to me personally. You directly attacked me with foul language and personal insults.

This is a strong reflection on your character and Ambrosia (for having you as a moderator.)

Below is an excerpt from your e-mail to me (in which you lowered my 'karma'). I just wonder what is happening to your 'real' karma with your mean-spiritedness.

**Insulting a moderator isn't a good idea, moron.

-Necro**

Skip

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.