Anyone still play this?

I was running through the absolute mess that is my games folder on my computer and I came across a demo of DEFCON that I downloaded back when it came out. Opened it up, played through the tutorial, and decided that it was worthy of purchasing now that I'm not constantly broke.

The thing is, I'd probably want to play one of those day-long, run in the background games, and I don't want to buy it if I'm not going to be able to play it with anybody. Activity on this forum seems to indicate that the world has moved on from DEFCON, but I was wondering if there was anybody still playing lurking around out there. 😃

Yes, people still play DEFCON. You'll find much more activity on Introversion Software's own DEFCON boards 🙂

I play Defcon from time to time, but not as often as I used to because its, to be honest, a time sucker.

School leaves me very little time for games nowadays, but I immensely enjoy DEFCON. 🙂

Starkiller, long time no see.

Yeah, I haven't played DEFCON in a while, or really much of any games. Anyway, people do indeed still play it, they just don't talk about it here.

Defcon is still actively being played, but, as prophile said, most of the community hangs out on Introversion Software's forums, rather than here. If you want to schedule games, that is probably the place to do it. That being said, I don't think that office mode ever really took off---there are not that many people around would would be up for a 6 hour game (nor, honestly, have there every been).

xander