GTW Game 33

@jrsh92, on Jan 5 2009, 06:00 PM, said in GTW Game 33:

<snip> with no activity and no kills by the terrorists, <snip>

ahem

He's referring to the second round, I'm sure. And you already used your one death post, Eugene.

Little under 12 hours until the end of the round. Right now it looks like only one vote, for lobf.

I don't know what to do. I'm not conviced of lobf's guilt, but I don't want to vote for someone else and force a tie.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm so confused. 😞

Unless lobf or kickme posts, they are going to die. Jrsh92's vote is not helpful, but neither lay much guilt on him...I'm torn.

jrsh92 - lobf
kickme - kickme
lobf - lobf
Mackilroy - Mackilroy
Templar98921 - Templar98921

_The members of the council are all discussing the rumor of GutlessWonder's death, apparently a heart attack, when mrxak comes to the podium to tally the results.

"Well, I see you have decided to kill lobf," mrxak said, "Well done then. He was one of the rogue members. Sorry lobf, but you have to be put under house arrest now."

lobf is lead away glaring at jrsh92. He makes a throat-cutting gesture towards him.

"Ah, and the rogue members have decided to eliminate jrsh92," mrxak says reading from his paper. "You die in an apparent freak accident in the shower, slipping on the tiles and splitting your head on the wall."

"What?" jrsh92 turns pale. He looks around at the other members of the council. "But I don't want to die!"

"I'm sorry, jrsh92, that's how the game works, the rogue members can eliminate whoever they want."

"But it's not a game! It's not a game anymore! I don't want to slip in the shower!" jrsh92 screams as he's hauled away.

"Don't be ridiculous, of course it's a game," mrxak laughed. He then turned back to the remaining three members at the table. "Well, there's only three of you left, but it seems I must eliminate one more of you. kickme, I warned you that you had to vote every round after the last one you forgot to vote in, or you'd be eliminated as well. Guards! Take kickme away!"

kickme also struggles with the guards, believing that the game has turned real, but they drag him away quickly. Only two players remain.

"Well, since there's only two of you left, and you can only vote for each other or be eliminated since neither of you voted in the last round, I will simply cast the deciding vote now myself. Templar98921, I choose you. Guards, take Templar98921 away as well," mrxak called. When only Mackilroy remained, mrxak smiled. "It seems the rogue members have won, my friend."

"Indeed, Mackilroy says."

"The others will be dead soon, including lobf. We don't need weak members in the new council."

"Agreed," Mackilroy replied.

"Tomorrow my minions will come into the bunker complex and we will exterminate the remainder of the human race with their own weapons of mass destruction. Our new society will be perfect, and you shall be my chief lieutenant."

"Thank you, my master," Mackilroy said. The two quickly began their evil laughs. The next day the world was destroyed, and mrxak, Mackilroy, and the evil minions lived happily ever after._

The innocent members of the Proliferation Prevention Pact have all been eliminated. The game is over. Rogue members win.

jrsh92 was the intelligence agent. Mackilroy and lobf were rogue members.

Moral of the story? Always show up to vote.

Well, that was a short (and somewhat successful) game. Too bad lobf died...

A-HA! Mack was a terrorist.

@mrxak, on Jan 6 2009, 12:01 PM, said in GTW Game 33:

Moral of the story? Always show up to vote.

And yet your rules reward killing off the most active players first. You realize this, yes?

Ah, so it's my fault people stopped voting after the first round, sure.

@mrxak, on Jan 6 2009, 05:10 PM, said in GTW Game 33:

Ah, so it's my fault people stopped voting after the first round, sure.

Rather, a rule that kills absentees encourages the terrorists to kill off people who will show up every round, and ignore those who won't.

Why waste a night-kill on kickme if he's just going to die from absence, after all?

I confess I targeted you, Eugene, simply because you're good at ferreting out who the bad guys are.

As far as kickme goes, I didn't even think about him. shrug

Well done, Mack.

I spaced out the first round (unhelpful but arguably wouldn't have mattered anyways), investigated Templar the second round, and voted for lobf while investigating Kickme for the third round... obviously resulting in lobf dead (hooray) and the game being over simply because it was too late to do anything.

@eugene-chin, on Jan 6 2009, 05:44 PM, said in GTW Game 33:

Rather, a rule that kills absentees encourages the terrorists to kill off people who will show up every round, and ignore those who won't.

Why waste a night-kill on kickme if he's just going to die from absence, after all?

If the inactives aren't eliminated, the result is still the same. The bad guys get rid of the actives first, then when nobody is left they dominate the voting and eliminate two people a round. Same result, this just wastes less of our time. The only way to prevent this is if everyone bothers to play.