Global Thermonuclear War

He - correctly - surmised that I was absent the one day that there was no nightkill.

I went through the entire player list when I saw that there was no nightkill and discovered that prophile was the only one who hadn't posted. If there had been two people absent, we would have been screwed.

In other words, I wasn't the satellite master, I was just a plain old innocent.

On an interesting note, my first vote in the game went to the ED. That hasn't happened to me before.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 19 November 2008 - 06:13 PM

@mackilroy, on Nov 12 2008, 07:39 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

No, he did not.

Addendum: you get one death post, and it cannot influence the game. Once the game is over, I'll reveal the rules for each role.

Hm, thought I had deleted that. Oh well. 🙂 Dictator was your normal kill-everyone-and-rule-the-world, ABM Commander was the SDI, and Council Members were innocents - i.e. everybody else. 🙂

As for why JacaByte thought prophile was the ED, no clue. I almost made him it, just to drive him crazy.

You didn't...

Well, since Mack didn't say, I will. My role could not target myself.

That seems kind of useless.

Give the only special power in the game to the one player most likely to be killed off in round 1, and then make it so he can't use it to protect himself?

He still possesses the ability to protect other people. And I got tired of people with the SDI ability always protecting themselves at the expense of teamplay.

@mackilroy, on Nov 20 2008, 02:06 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

He still possesses the ability to protect other people. And I got tired of people with the SDI ability always protecting themselves at the expense of teamplay.

... And then you gave it to the person most likely to get night-killed in the first round.

Really, I would have let mrxak protect himself, just to screw the dictators for being so lazy as to pick him first.

For the record, I protected prophile the first round :p.

Nice. When do you think we can get the next game started?

Probably after Thanksgiving. I know if we started a new game now, I wouldn't be signing up for it.