An idea for those of us in clans

This idea was run by me yesterday by Jimmy page 1 it consists of haveing a board (or website or something) where people in clans get together and organize tournaments and such between clans.
i thought it was a pretty cool idea and would lilke to hear your
input.
there are 4 clans that i know of in gameranger
<chi> (my clan)
{TAG} (jimmys clan)
dc
and {FDC}

------------------
"Learn about art captian,
when you understand a
species' art you
understand that species"
Grand Admiral Thrawn
at the fist battle of his
campaign.

(This message has been edited by Vice Admiral Ipvicus (edited 06-02-2000).)

This is great but who has the experince, time and soace to put this in. I know i can make website but making meaage boards and live chat is very very compliacted. If you have that skilll go ahead and do it!!!!

------------------
seacatjr!

I can do it

------------------
Death is the most unjustified of fears. For there's no fear of dying from a dead man

- Albert Einstien

sorry for the misunderstanding but what i said was we have a topic posted on the ares webboard. Not only is this the easiest way it is also the most effecient because most of the people who play ares that will be interseted will be reading these boards. I dont belevie that live chat is necesary considering that what we are talking about is gameranger clans, and as we who use gameranger know it already has the live chat.

I belive that this could work, all it needs is the support of the clans.

------------------
when you understand a
species' art you
understand that species"
Grand Admiral Thrawn
campaign.

(This message has been edited by Vice Admiral Ipvicus (edited 06-03-2000).)

ok this is how it'll work.....

It's kind of like the old ares tourniments vegeta held on fridays a while back.

The "clan wars" would take place on thursday at 7 central time (this could be worked out still) and would last about an hour. Before thursday every clan should rate the members in their own clan by skill. So the best player would be #1 the second best would be #2 and so on...(be honest!) After that, then the clan members put their ranking right next to their Gameranger name. Ex.. (TG) Jimmy Page #1. So then, on thursday all the clans will all go into the strategy/arcade room on Gameranger to play. Clan members can then host games to challenge other clan members, and the remaining clan members would join thier games. Once in the games the clan members would play a best out of 3 games tourniment and the winner of the best out of 3 would report their win to a Topic on the Webboard named CLAN STANDINGS. (sorry replicant for using up a part of the webboard.. :frown: ) When a member reports the game win, they must include their clan and rank as well as the clan and rank of the other dude who was defeated. Then once you lose you cannot participate in the clan wars again the same night you lost. The winner can keep playing.

After it is all over check on the webboard for the total score that i will tally. The scoring will go like this...
if a #1 rank loses, the person he loses to gets 10 clan points that are awarded to the winners clan
if a #2 rank loses, the person he loses to gets 9.5 clan points that are awarded to the winners clan
if a #3 rank loses, the person he loses to gets 9 clan points that are awarded to the winners clan
if a #4 rank loses, the person he loses to gets 8.5 clan points that are awarded to the winners clan
if a #5 rank loses, the person he loses to gets 8 clan points that are awarded to the winners clan
if a #6 rank loses, the person he loses to gets 7.5 points that are awarded to the winners clan
if a #7 rank loses, the person he loses to gets 7 points that are awarded to the winners clan
if a #8 rank loses, the person he loses to gets 6.5 points that are awarded to the winners clan
if a #9 rank loses, the person he loses to gets 6 points that are awarded to the winners clan
if a #10 rank loses, the person he loses to gets 5.5 points that are awarded to the winners clan
and so on....

This idea needs some support by the clan members on Gameranger to work! Reply here if you're interested or tell me when i'm on GAmeranger in a week or two from now...(After my stupid suspension wears off :frown:)
that's all i have to say for now... 🙂

------------------
ramble on..

Here's an idea:

Organise the matches on icq, and post the standings in a thread on the 'board.

------------------
"How can i make it go faster"?

The captain of the
A.S.S. Phoenix

would it ge possible for this to be resceduled to a weekend time and day like saturday at the same time?

------------------
when you understand a
species' art you
understand that species"
Grand Admiral Thrawn
campaig

hmm...

------------------
World War 1 was fought with Machine Guns and Cannons.
World War 2 was fought with bombs and missiles.
I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but it will be so terrible that
World War 4 will be fought with stone clubs.

Steven Hawkings,
-A Brief History of Time

Originally posted by Cotton Moose:
**hmm...

uhhhhh what does hmm.... mean

------------------
when you understand a
species' art you
understand that species"
Grand Admiral Thrawn
campaign.

(This message has been edited by Vice Admiral Ipvicus (edited 06-09-2000).)

welp things hav changed that is for sure. ECA a new clan, has risen up and destroyed the evil DĹRK clan. we are now having other clans join us in alliances. are allies are: BMR, chi, 007, DS yadda yadda yadda. We also schedule turnaments withing the clan and sometimes with other clans. we currently have: 28 members.
the great leader:
ECAStormWarrior

Anyone who reads this topic please post your support, as of now the tourneys are canceld due to lack of support from the ares community, these tournements have alot of merit and it would be a shame or them to go to waste

------------------
when you understand a
species' art you
understand that species"
Grand Admiral Thrawn
campaign.

(This message has been edited by Vice Admiral Ipvicus (edited 06-26-2000).)

I think this is a good idea and I support it.

------------------
It started as a typo but now it is my unique Screen Name!

Thanks jamosk, C'mon everybody step right up dont be shy plege your support to the Ares Clan Tournament and get a dollar! 😉
no really the ares community needs something to keep it alive until hera comes out and i think this tournament could do just that.

------------------
when you understand a
species' art you
understand that species"
Grand Admiral Thrawn
campaig

I'm In! But remember, hera is out there....

------------------
"A person needs change. Without change something within us sleeps and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." -Duke Leto Atreides (Dune)

Originally posted by seacatjr!:
**This is great but who has the experince, time and soace to put this in. I know i can make website but making meaage boards and live chat is very very compliacted. If you have that skilll go ahead and do it!!!!

Dammit, i forgot my username, i hate when that happens!!!!!!,
anyways, u forgot a new clan that had started a couple weeks ago,
•OmW• -the "Omega Warriors", i am one of the founders of it, and i like ure idea of tournaments between clans, - good job captain.
-OVeR and oUt......

I'm in but does central time mean that in eastern time it would be one hour more or waht im cunfused i used to live in italy? but im in whenever in is in

------------------
"Blast it, Rukh, Waht do
you think your doing?"

"I'm doing my job"

Eastern time is later than central time if it is 5:00 central time than it is 6:00 Eastern time. Since Jimmy Page has left the webboards it is now my resposibility to organize the tournament. Everyone Who has posted here needs to tell everyone in there clan about this arrangement. Then reply on this board to me or find me on gr and tell me what they think if we can get at least 2 people from each clan that wishes to participatethe tournament will take place Saturday the 15 at 6:00 central time.

------------------
when you understand a
species' art you
understand that species"
Grand Admiral Thrawn
campaig

I'm just here for a couple seconds while i download ares 1.2 and hera...

I won't be there for the tourniment. Oh well....Maybe i can recruit some TAG members to show up there for a little bit...

------------------
ramble on..

I think ECA will join and we should call the wars "mt.olimpus" and the winers will be named zuse or apollo that bw cool pleassereply on the webbord

------------------

That is an interestomg idea

------------------
when you understand a
species' art you
understand that species"
Grand Admiral Thrawn
campaig