Tourny Discussion

post your thoughts

To sign up for the tournament, or to comment upon it, please post here. If you are signing up, please include your forum name(s) (ASW and IV forum names), your in game name, and your timezone.

xander

I.V. - Hyperion
ASW - TeddyBearPicnic
In-game - Hyperion
Timezone - GMT+1/ BST

IV Forums: shinygerbil
ASW Forums: shinygerbil
Game Name: shinygerbil
Time Zone: shinyger---uhh, BST. 🙂

Just a reminder, the tournament will begin this weekend. Sign-ups are still open, and will remain so until the 25th of August. If you are interested in participating, please sign up soon. The current seeding is as follows:

1	Hyperion
2	rus|mike
3	Ace Rimmer
4	zjoere
5	shinygerbil
6	diomedes
7	Cappy
8	Tripper
9	Mike the Wookie
10	Angel of Death
11	M.I.R.V. Angel
12	Ice Cream

Hyperion, rus|mike, and Ace Rimmer are seeded first based upon their outcomes in the last tournament. Everyone else is seeded in the order they signed up.

xander

Round 1 has begun. Please click the link for details.

xander

Is amused that being in the top 3 of the last ASW tourney has the added bonus of giving us a default pass to round 2 in the second ASW tourney :rolleyes:

Question: Will there still be a prize/prizes with far more players in the tournament this time?

This post has been edited by TeddyBearPicnic : 26 August 2007 - 03:19 AM

@teddybearpicnic, on Aug 26 2007, 08:15 AM, said in Tourny Discussion:

Is amused that being in the top 3 of the last ASW tourney has the added bonus of giving us a default pass to round 2 in the second ASW tourney :rolleyes:

Question: Will there still be a prize/prizes with far more players in the tournament this time?

Yes, there will still be prizes. MA has promised a soundtrack CD, as well as some other possible swag. 😉

xander

Is there any chance to spell my name correctly?? It looks like the following:

rus|Mike

This post has been edited by rus_Mike : 26 August 2007 - 01:59 PM

'Other possible swag' :blink: sounds interesting!

Has anybody organised/tried to organise any of their first round games yet?

@teddybearpicnic, on Aug 30 2007, 11:59 AM, said in Tourny Discussion:

Has anybody organised/tried to organise any of their first round games yet?

Nobody has mentioned anything to me yet. I was going to give it until tomorrow before I started raising a stink, as classes began this week, and I am a bit out of it. 😉 Also, I am going to be out of town this weekend, but that really shouldn't have any effect upon anything.

xander

Round 2. Good luck.

xander

@darwinian, on Sep 10 2007, 02:52 AM, said in Tourny Discussion:

Round 2. Good luck.

xander

Had a great round 2 game with Mike The Wookiee 😛 myself EU, him Africa, i fully expected to lose in that set up or at least suffer severe casualties :unsure: but neither was the case...hope to see walrus or shiny in the semi's 😉

@teddybearpicnic, on Sep 17 2007, 11:14 AM, said in Tourny Discussion:

As an aside, I have now seen two games in which players have asked to reroll if the territories are set up in a certain way. Please don't do this. It kind of defeats the purpose of random territories.

I feel confused and inclined to comment that as far as i'm aware neither myself or MikeTheWookiee made any such request to change the set up once we found out our territories...i on the otherhand may have stated in the Alliance chat that i thought my territory sucked/wished i had a different territory but that is not the same thing and i stuck to my guns and played out the game 😉 ...expecting to lose or at the least recieve serious casualities.

However i do agree with you on the purpose of random territories remark :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by TeddyBearPicnic : 18 September 2007 - 05:07 AM

@teddybearpicnic, on Sep 18 2007, 10:03 AM, said in Tourny Discussion:

I feel confused and inclined to comment that as far as i'm aware neither myself or MikeTheWookiee made any such request to change the set up once we found out our territories...i on the otherhand may have stated in the Alliance chat that i thought my territory sucked/wished i had a different territory but that is not the same thing and i stuck to my guns and played out the game 😉 ...expecting to lose or at the least recieve serious casualities.

However i do agree with you on the purpose of random territories remark :rolleyes:

I honestly don't remember who this is directed to (other than the game between Tripper and rus|Mike), but I have seen it in a couple of games. I don't think that you are guilty of it, so I don't think you need to worry.

xander

Hehe, hooray, Tripper or Ace Rimmer :huh: i eagerly await an opponent.

Yeah well, I'll get you next time... 😉

@cdr-arnold-judas-rimmer, on Oct 19 2007, 06:35 PM, said in Tourny Discussion:

Yeah well, I'll get you next time... 😉

I'll be waiting 😉

Posted Image

I must sincerely apologize for not keeping you all updated. In fact, Hyperion has won the tournament. John "MagnusApollo" Champlin sent off the prize package, and, according to private communications with Hyperion, it arrived safely today. I would like to extend my congratulations to Hyperion, and my thanks to everyone who participated.

As to the recording, I just haven't gotten to posting it yet. I would claim that I have been busy, but, while true, it really isn't an excuse. I will try to remember to get it up this evening, after I get home.

xander