Trouble Joining/getting people to join games

Whenever I try to join games that aren't already in progress, the 'recieving' bar remains on empty. Wierdly enough, I can spectate but not host or join games. Has anyone run into this problem before?

@mikemcg, on May 20 2007, 07:29 PM, said in Trouble Joining/getting people to join games:

Whenever I try to join games that aren't already in progress, the 'recieving' bar remains on empty. Wierdly enough, I can spectate but not host or join games. Has anyone run into this problem before?

This sounds like a problem with your network setup, or the network setup of the hosting player. I would also imagine that there are several games that you can join (i.e. the ones that you can spectate), but they are getting full before you attempt to join. Are you behind a restrictive firewall? What does your internet connection look like?

xander

Can you not host at all (not even AI, you can't get to the screen), or can you just not get people to join games?

I had a similar problem, and was due to a firewall on one of my routers. Make sure the right ports (I forget what they are) are getting to your machine.