Weird bug with editor

Stuff just disappears

Hey guys, I was fooling around with the level editor and was making a boss level which looked pretty good so I clicked the run button, noticed a pretty obvious problem and clicked stop. Next thing I know NOTHING was left in the editor! AND the worst part was I forgot to save! upset.gif
While I haven't played in a while I'm pretty sure my version is current.

While I probably just need to re-download or something it would be nice if someone could explain to me what the heck is going on.

I have no idea why that would happen. 😞
And I've used version 1.0.2 and 1.1.0 of the editor, and I've never had that happen to me....Unless you have a version that's earlier than 1.0.2, but that doesn't seem likely.
And are you saying that you hadn't saved at all up to that point?
Anyway, my advice is to save early and save often when you're making a map. πŸ˜‰

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 15 November 2010 - 11:34 PM

And are you saying that you hadn't saved at all up to that point?

Yes I am, and it was a real shame too.

I'm almost done by the way, I'l post it if you all wanna give it a try. πŸ†’

Finish it, and I will. πŸ™‚

Yeah, post it. πŸ™‚

Guys, I know this sounds stupid, but I need help!
It keeps saying upload failed, how do I upload?!?! :unsure:

This post has been edited by Ninja Duck : 18 November 2010 - 05:17 PM

Doesn't sound stupid at all. My guess is that the file is too large. The size limit for uploading is 100K. So, find your level, click on it, and choose File→Create Archive of "(LevelTitle)". That'll make it into a .zip file which you can upload...as it should be under 100K.
πŸ™‚

Im getting exited, I bet it'l be fun! πŸ˜„

Thanks Lamkin!
I'm still kind of a noob with that kind of stuff.

Anyway, here it is:Attached File The_Mine.zip (16.52K)
Number of downloads: 4
complete with goofy name and description! πŸ˜›
It is the first level I actually spent put some time on so please enjoy! πŸ™‚

This post has been edited by Ninja Duck : 19 November 2010 - 08:29 PM

Played it. I think the shields and all the super weapons made things a bit too easy, but apart from that it was very good. πŸ™‚

It was good, I liked it! πŸ˜„

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it! πŸ™‚

By the way, happy Thanksgiving!

Wha? People actually posting here? Awesome! I'll play it and see how far I can (or can't) get (I haven't played in far too long).

Ok, played it, and here's what I think:

1.) It was short.
2.) The boss fight was challenging.
3.) Getting all the guns made things easy (same with the ship and shields).
4.) <- That is the number four.

Things I might keep in mind for later levels:

1.) Don't give all the upgrades right at or soon after the beginning. Make us work for them
2.) Keep levels under an hour in length.
3.) The wave gun makes everything easier, I recommend that you make it extremely hard to get. (mazes, miniboss fights, small hordes of flickers, ect.)
4.) <- This is still the number four.
5.) Look at other people's levels and steal ideas. Unless specifically stated, you can probably use things that other people use.

All in all, it was a great start, keep them coming!

-K

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 26 November 2010 - 08:50 PM

1.) It was short.
2.) The boss fight was challenging.
3.) Getting all the guns made things easy (same with the ship and shields).
4.) <- That is the number four.

Hmm...
Thats actually exactly what I had in mind, I wanted to give you all the stuff right off the bat and get you into a tough boss fight, which, honestly I think I flopped on.

2.) Keep levels under an hour in length.

I wanted to make him tough but I realize now just adding HP isn't the way to go.
I'l post a boss level with an improved version of that boss.

Anyway, Glad ya liked it, Kasofa1! πŸ™‚

Yeah. When I started making levels (two years ago (dang)), I kept looking at what Edwards was making/had made, and man, he had some good stuff. The Master Turret is probably my favorite boss ever (you can find it on the SKF files/downloads tab thingy on the SKF page.). Good stuff, I plagiarized a lot off of him. πŸ˜„

-K