By Anonymous

Add-on Files

It would be nice if, somehow, all of the existing addons could have the author's name added to their respective level(s).
The other thing I'm not too happy about with regards to the forum overhaul is all the gray text for the existing posts. Now I'd have to code all the text to be black when I post, and that should really be the default.
I like the big tabs very much, and overall I'd say everything actually looks better, so I don't mean to complain too much. πŸ™‚

(Edit: I changed it back to gray...I guess it doesn't look that bad, and the black isn't showing up that well anyway.)

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 12 December 2008 - 09:35 PM

They're working the the problem with "anonymous" laying claim to everyone's work. It's widespread across the entire add-ons pages, EVN, Redline, SK4A, etc., so it's something that'll either be kept around as a little inside joke or will be fixed in some complicated manner.

Also, an off-black (0F0F0F is what I used) looks better than the gray the board uses or just flat black, but not so much that I'll be putting color tags in each one of my subsequent posts. I think it's fine for now.

As far as I know, that's a glitch. It's happening with all of the addons pages, not just SketchFighter's. Once everything else is finished (addons are a low priority at the moment) it should be taken care of.

EDIT: Ah, I know why. They're all 'anonymous' because ASW is going to hook uploads to your account name, and that hasn't been implemented yet.

For some reason, I can't even get onto the addons page. Whenever I try to click on the official website, it says 404 error, not found! Anyone no why?

Not to be too critical, but I preferred the old layout much better. Plus, what's up with the you-can-barely-see translucent gray text? :mad:

Klublex

I have no problems. Are you using this link?

As for the old layout, well, this isn't the end of the changes - in fact, it's barely the beginning. πŸ™‚

I liked the forum link being on the SketchFighter site itself. Are you guys planning on putting it back there?

Heh, I don't work for Ambrosia. πŸ˜‰ So they might put it back, they might not. Most of the changes to the site haven't come through yet, so we'll all just have to be patient.

QUOTE (Lamkin @ Dec 12 2008, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It would be nice if, somehow, all of the existing addons could have the author's name added to their respective level(s).

Bump.
Hey Mack, is there any news about this? (It's been over a year now.) 😞 πŸ˜›

With the update to the system that ASW is been doing, I no longer have access to the addons page (that is, I can't make changes). I believe Magnus or Jake could, but they'd have to know who made every addon.

Well, right after posting I'd looked at a couple of the add-on pages for both Redline and EV Nova , and nothing there has been updated either, so I would assume that this is still an issue for all of Ambrosia's games. I see a few posts back that you'd said that Ambrosia was eventually going to hook uploads to your account name, so do you know if there is still a plan to implement this?
Just curious. πŸ˜‰

Psst! Mack. The question above was directed at you. Sorry that I hadn't clarified that. πŸ˜‰

Actually, perhaps I can answer my own question here, as it seems kinda obvious that Ambrosia has linked uploads to one's account name, because add-ons which have been uploaded during the last year all have names associated with them. So my guess is that Ambrosia doesn't haveβ€”and has in fact never hadβ€”any plans to include add-ons which had been released prior to last year when they'd implemented that change. Of course, that's OK by me, because the whole thing is not that big of a deal, but it'd just be nice to get some clarification. πŸ™‚

Edit: And please pardon me if my question has already been officially answered by Ambrosia elsewhere on some other page or board.

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 27 February 2010 - 10:18 PM

Yes, this is still an issue for all of ASW's games. Nope, sorry, no clue if it will ever go through for older uploads. You could PM Magnus (or if you want me to, that's cool) and ask, he might know.

Nah, I'll just let it go. I just thought you might have known something about it. No need to take it any further. Thanks, Mack. πŸ™‚