Where did they all go?

The Players...

This isn't a new map, I just was wondering how all the people who were posting on here stopped. Look at page 13 and you will see what I mean.

-K

You realize that was two years ago, and not all people who were posting then have left - I can point out around fifteen names of those who posted then who are still posting now.

Ah, the days of the legendary SKF designers... the game was only just out and every map concept was new... only a handful of custom maps on the add-ons page... everyone coming to Edwards with questions relating to anything... what a joyus time it was. 😄

What I mean is that there are maybe 4-6 people who post here reliably , and there were more than 20 people, which is pretty amazing. where did they go? I mean, they didn't leave, as in, go unactive, but they left the SKF forum.
I'm almost tempted to put 'Save the sketchfighter boards!' in my signature.

-K

I believe SketchFighter's golden age has long since passed. 😞
It'll always be one of my all-time favorites, however, so I'll try to do my smallish part to keep the boards going...
🙂

We're glad to have you here, Lamkin. And even if the board changes or one day no longer exists entirely, we'll still remember all the levels you made (including my personal favorite, Full Cardboard Jacket). 🙂

Ah, the active times... long ago.

I'm thinking that Sketchfighter's only chance for survival is to restart the multiplayer environment. Some people haven't even played against another player before. (coughmecough) It'll also have to compete against Ares X and Aquaria for survival. That's a pretty tall order, if you ask me.

@jacabyte, on Nov 23 2008, 02:39 PM, said in Where did they all go?:

(SketchFighter will) also have to compete against...Aquaria for survival. That's a pretty tall order, if you ask me.

I think both Kasofa and I would be playing Aquaria nonstop if only our respective computers were fast enough. 😉

Come on, you guys are depressing me! Speaking of the other Ambrosia games, Sketchfighter is the only computer or video game I have, so I don't think I'll be leaving any time soon.

Let's jazz it up with a new cool concept:

Press Control >Option>Command>8 for an ultra-cool effect. It puts all the colors into their negatives. After doing that, open Sketchfighter. Play an old level or something and see what it looks like. (really cool!) 🙂 To put it back to normal, shut down sketchfighter and press the same buttons.

This works on the macbook I'm using, it probably won't on PC's. 😞

Anyway, Good luck with it!

Klublex

@klublex, on Nov 23 2008, 03:27 PM, said in Where did they all go?:

Let's jazz it up with a new cool concept:

Press Control >Option>Command>8 for an ultra-cool effect. It puts all the colors into their negatives. After doing that, open Sketchfighter. Play an old level or something and see what it looks like. (really cool!) 🙂 To put it back to normal, shut down sketchfighter and press the same buttons.

Klublex

Whoa, that was pretty cool!
I'm suddenly in the mood for coffee and blueberries. Hmm...I wonder why?

@klublex, on Nov 23 2008, 03:27 PM, said in Where did they all go?:

Klublex

Doesn't matter, because Sketchfighter does not exist for PCs. 😉

However, this is a fun trick that has been around for a while. 🙂

Mack, what happened to the Latin phrase underneath your avatar? It made you seem very...scholarly.:)

Heh, I replaced it with a reference to a book. I like my signature and title to be related. 🙂

Scholarly? Is that a good thing? laughs

Maybe I should just put 'Check out Sketchfighter' in my sigg.
I like your avatar, Mackilroy, what is it?
And Lamkin, I have played the demo, and it actually works!
The download take a really long time, but the game work if I put it in the lowest resolution. 😛

-K