Ambrosia Software, Inc. Updates Sketchfighter 4000 Alpha

Actually, SKF still checks for a Custom Levels folder in the same folder as the app. That's where I keep my maps.

@silverwind, on Jul 31 2008, 01:56 PM, said in Ambrosia Software, Inc. Updates Sketchfighter 4000 Alpha:

Actually, SKF still checks for a Custom Levels folder in the same folder as the app.

Right, Silverwind. So essentially, I just moved my old Custom Levels folder to the new (and improved) SketchFighter folder. 😉
Lamkin

That's what I did too, anticipating losing all my custom levels.

I found yet another bug; in a custom level, after you defeat a boss, your fighter will get "stuck." It will stop accelerating or decelerating if you were going forwards or backwards, and if you were turning when the boss blows up, you'll continue turning. You'll stop firing your guns as well.

I'd still like to know what's going to happen to the bugs I found.

I apologize if this has been posted before, but there's a somewhat interesting little online article on Apple's Game (downloads) page about SketchFighter. Here's the link:

http://www.apple.com/games/articles/2006/1...ghter4000alpha/

Lamkin

@jacabyte, on Jul 31 2008, 03:39 PM, said in Ambrosia Software, Inc. Updates Sketchfighter 4000 Alpha:

I found yet another bug; in a custom level, after you defeat a boss, your fighter will get "stuck." It will stop accelerating or decelerating if you were going forwards or backwards, and if you were turning when the boss blows up, you'll continue turning. You'll stop firing your guns as well.

I'd still like to know what's going to happen to the bugs I found.

I found that bug too, and it was a little frustrating. I finally did find the new custom levels and they are awesome!!
The new update is rather confusing, though. :huh:

Klublex

@klublex, on Aug 1 2008, 09:39 AM, said in Ambrosia Software, Inc. Updates Sketchfighter 4000 Alpha:

I found that bug too, and it was a little frustrating. I finally did find the new custom levels and they are awesome!!
The new update is rather confusing, though. :huh:

Klublex

something like this happened when I beat the radioactive caverns, the boss started blowing up, I started accelerating backwards, but then lost control and kept going backwards (through several walls :laugh:) but then I got the "you beat the level!" message and went to the custom levels screen. I think what happened to me was something to to with beating the boss.

-K

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 01 August 2008 - 09:47 AM

Another thing about the new update is that map that appears over the screen every time you scroll. It gets really irritating to me.
Is there a way to turn the darn thing off? :mad: Any answers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Klublex 🙂

It certainly is a handy feature, but it does get in the way so. Overall I'd rather have it than not have it, but a midway would be nice. (ie, a "Toggle" button)

I agree with Silverwind and am actually starting to find the feature useful at times, although it would be cool if you could somehow click on a part of that little map and be taken right to that particular spot in the level.
Of course, Klublex, you could always use the previous editor, or you could attempt to e-mail Lars. 😉

Lamkin

@lamkin, on Aug 8 2008, 11:32 AM, said in Ambrosia Software, Inc. Updates Sketchfighter 4000 Alpha:

I agree with Silverwind and am actually starting to find the feature useful at times, although it would be cool if you could somehow click on a part of that little map and be taken right to that particular spot in the level.
Of course, Klublex, you could always use the previous editor, or you could attempt to e-mail Lars. 😉

Lamkin

Yeah, it's just a little frustrating when I zoom out to find a spot in the level and then gets in the way. Oh, well. I do find the "find sprite" quite useful as my Iceberg Fortress level has gotten quite large and I sometimes forget which switch goes to which door. 😉

Anyway, Thanks,
Klublex