Announcing a new map!

Yay, thanks! And yeah, you're entirely right, this version should fix that. There's a bit of new content, but not much. I've got... Sketchmappers block? That works.

Latest version

-Pi

PiSketch - I'm working on a level right now and I'm trying to get text sprites to disappear via extra2 links. However, if I try to make them pickup or enemy solid state they will turn into a black piece of paper. 😞 (as you probably already know) I knew that you were able to make the text disappear in Forest Map 2, so I looked at it in the editor. I then proceeded to do exactly (besides a different number of Extra2 link) what you did but for me it still didn't work. 😞 It would be extremely helpful if you had any ideas of how to make the text disappear. thanks! 🙂

Klublex

This post has been edited by Klublex : 08 July 2008 - 12:40 PM

Text sprites have never responded well to being set to a SolidType other then Not Solid for me, they've always shrunk to 0x0 pixels or something similarly unfortunate. I'll spell out what I did in FM2, can you check that yours matches this?

First, I set the text sprite to have an Ex2, of, say, 1010. Then I place a sprite of SolidType Pickup with the same Ex2, 1010.

OK, so that wasn't actually that spelling it out, but whatever. I'm not that great at explaining what to do when I can't see the results. If that's what you're doing, check that your Ex2 values are within the range allowed, they have to be more then a certain number and less than another. I can't remember what those numbers are, it's been ages since I started a new level. If all else fails, I'd be glad to look at the level for you and see if I can figure out what's wrong. Just send a PM my way and I'll take a look.

-Pi

Edit: Also, woo, nine hundredth post!

This post has been edited by PiSketch : 08 July 2008 - 06:38 PM

I believe the Extra 2 values must be any number between 1000 (without the comma, of course) and 1200.
🙂
Lamkin

Thanks for replying, PiSketch. I looked back at my level in the editor and realized I had forgot to put an extra2 link to the pick-up. 😊 I should have checked first!

-Klublex