How to use Human carriers, revived

Fleet Admiral Darkk wrote:
**I DID PLAY ARES! In my totaly scientific test, one carrier even with all 10 fighters out is not a match for 2 gunships. And Binki - it's 6 gunships. And cruisers, what the hell are you thinking?!?!? HUMAN CRUISERS SUCK Έǰ!!!!
No offense, but I am tired of this. I'm getting my skilz back, so if any of you want to debate the value of human carriers and/or cruisers, come get some!

Wow, now it's SIX versus 5! 84/20=4 remainder4. Plus the free HVD=5. That must be the new math you're using. Unless you know a way to build a Gunship with 2 resource points. And if you do.... <shrug> HVD-meat. Wait, scratch that, Human HVD blows. You know, this is really the wrong race for mass-numbers tactics. That doesn't mean I'm not going to fight tooth and claw to see it work, though. Seeya on Gameranger.

------------------
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for the Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.

-The Lord of the Rings

Erm. Veg, in your match-up by the numbers, you don't take into account accuracy, or the AI. Fighters make up a large portion of the carrier's power, by the numbers, but in truth, they dont' stay that close, you rarely have them all out, and alive, at the same time, and as soon as they're launched, they tend to start zooming around. Fighters WOULD be useful in masses, but since there's a large launch delay, they tend to get separated quickly, divide and conquer.

------------------
Pax - Drew Harry
sagitar@earthlink.net
(url="http://"http://www.axis.n3.net/")Ares Axis - axis.n3.net(/url)

"...they say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?" - Terminal 2, Where are monsters in dreams, Marathon Infinity

Veg, you also missed the accuracy of turrets compared to the accuracy of forward-firing weapons. The carrier has almost a 0% chance of ever catching a gunship in range of its magneto pulse, while the carrier is a sitting target for the more maneuverable gunships. By the numbers, the carrier has more power, but that firepower is worthless when it cannot be used.

------------------
Replicant
www.axis.n3.net

The magneto is long range enough and the carrier can turn fast enough to catch anything in its fire. Also, having te fighters spread out is an advantage.

------------------
Commander Cicion, commander of Audemedon 6th fleet

"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo

Darkk, I believe it's "get thee to a nunnery!" not "get the to a bin."