a Labyrinth in the Wasteland ver5.1

feedback, comments, and suggestions

a Labyrinth in the Wasteland ver5.1- a solo star quest adventure filled with familiar Wasteland friends. Requires some shooting but only moderate flying skills.

Special thanks to cheleball, FireFalcon, Edwards, and Zacha Pedro for all their helpful/specific suggestions regarding fixes and improvements posted in this thread Who is Victor? aka Labyrinth ver4.0

In addition to their suggested fixes and improvements have also made a number of other changes to make the journey fresh, here are a few notes:
- There are more possible routes (and few more dead ends) depending on the colors you have collected and direction you are headed in the labyrinth.
- There are more weapons and weapons upgrades, some are worth finding earlier if you want to make the journey faster/easier.
- Walls are deliberately thin so that you can see stuff in adjacent areas and to help you find your bearings.
- For variety try different routes with and without various weapons upgrades. Which is the shortest route to pick up all stars? Which is the fastest route?

Known bugs:
- Occasionally one of the bosses will escape from their area of the map, if you find yourself trapped in a boss area with no boss to kill and open the boss doors, then one workaround is to pound your ship against a wall until your shields expire - this will return you to the last save ring you entered. If you your ship is fully upgraded, then the above workaround will not work and you will have to exit and start again. If you know how to make it so bosses can't escape I'd be very glad to fix this!

Please post any other bugs or suggestions you have here.

Thanks, VictorVS

This post has been edited by VictorVS : 27 March 2007 - 07:47 PM

Well, I've played it to the end, and it's definitely better. There are still a few issues (for instance, guess what happens when you try to enter the wall at the location of the top-rightmost turret, yes, you're pulled through), but it feels like a finished work. I just didn't like how it ended a bit abruptly ("oh, yeah, that's right, that was the last star, well, looks like it's over). Otherwise, not much to say.

Thanks for the feedback Zacha Pedro

I just didn't like how it ended a bit abruptly ("oh, yeah, that's right, that was the last star, well, looks like it's over). Otherwise, not much to say.

Yep no grand finish to this sketchmap; but that's because there are a number of different possible routes for picking up stars and thus no one finish point/star. I deliberately made it that way so that it could be played a number of times with different routes, different weapon upgrades, for best time, shortest route, with/out upgrades, etc; e.g. the mini boss with two colored rings can be defeated without having picked up the green enhancement first.

I suppose I could force one star to be the last and then there could be a more interesting ending...and still various paths to pickup the first four stars... but that will have to wait as I have two other maps in the works that I want to finish first.

Well, I've played it to the end, and it's definitely better. There are still a few issues (for instance, guess what happens when you try to enter the wall at the location of the top-rightmost turret, yes, you're pulled through), but it feels like a finished work.

Have to admit I didn't try to go thru all the walls; but that one was easily fixed; and I tested the other similar looking possible problem points and they seem ok. Please do post any other issues you've found and I'll post a fixed 5.2 version here...

Thanks again for the feedback (for this and the original version).