SketchFighter is in running for BlogCritic.org Mac Game of the Year

If the subject line didn't say it all, SketchFighter 4000 Alpha is in the top 5 spots on BlogCritic.org for being the Mac Game of the Year.

http://blogcritics.o...1/08/170757.php

The year 2006 will always be remembered, in gaming circles anyways, as the year we waited for the PS3 and Wii to launch. Although those two major launches might have overshadowed the year, many great titles were released. Below you will find our nominees for Best Game and Game of the Year awards.

Check back soon as we will be picking the winners. Until then, please comment on which games should be picked as #1 for 2006.

We got some still competition, but I know Ken from Blogcritics was really blown away at sketchfighter. Would be cool for it to take #1. You are free to go there and vote if you like, doing so might help the results.

Mac Game of the Year
Civilization IV
Age of Empires III
Legion Arena
SketchFighter 4000 Alpha
Wingnuts 2

Their review of Sketchfighter by Cameron Graham can be found on that site as well:
http://blogcritics.o...1/08/001100.php

Nice.

Here's a note, though: There's not really any voting mechanism (like a poll), you have to scroll down and add a comment in the hopes of swaying the judges.

I've added mine. You go do the same.

Now!

I already did! W00t!

EDIT: Ken Edwards' comment made me mad, though. he thought we were all the same person!

This post has been edited by 3dd13 : 13 January 2007 - 09:35 PM

@3dd13, on Jan 13 2007, 09:33 PM, said in SketchFighter is in running for BlogCritic.org Mac Game of the Year:

I already did! W00t!

EDIT: Ken Edwards' comment made me mad, though. he thought we were all the same person!

Ha ha that was a joke :laugh:

I checked all the IP addresses first.

Thanks for the link love John!

I am editing the GOTY article right now, and it should be up either Sunday or Monday. I will not tell you who won though, you will have to see for yourself.

Ahh excellent!

BC Magazine Best of 2006 and Game of the Year

There you go. It is online now.

So close, yet so far away well, hey, at least it was in the running. 🙂

To quote BlogCritics.org:

Mac Game of the Year
Winner: Civilization IV
Synopses: Cameron Graham

As far as Mac gaming goes, 2006 has been a good year. We've seen Wingnuts 2, a great sequel to a great arcade game; Redline Racing, giving a much needed boost to the Mac racing lineup; and Sketchfighter 4000 Alpha whose clever graphics sucked us in at first sight.

So choosing the best game of the year has been harder than usually this time around. However, with its gorgeous graphics (if your computer can handle them), infinite replayability, and it-will-take-over-your-social-life addictive game play, Civilization IV edged out the competition to score our nod for Best Mac Game of 2006.

What a pity. They must have missed something! 😉

@meancode, on Jan 14 2007, 05:10 AM, said in SketchFighter is in running for BlogCritic.org Mac Game of the Year:

Ha ha that was a joke :laugh:

I checked all the IP addresses first.

Thanks for the link love John!

I am editing the GOTY article right now, and it should be up either Sunday or Monday. I will not tell you who won though, you will have to see for yourself.

he he, just testing you. really! 😄