Wave Gun, More Shields...

Where and how?

I've got all 4 colors, 4 stars, and Super Beams and Super Pellets.

I'm getting my butt kicked by the plant/snake/sarlacc boss in the Forrest level.

I'm thinking that a wave gun and more shields would be pretty nice right about now, but the only thing I can find is the wave thing at the bottom right of the Volcano level, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get at it.

Help please...

This post has been edited by thelordgod : 13 December 2006 - 07:01 PM

@thelordgod, on Dec 13 2006, 11:59 PM, said in Wave Gun, More Shields...:

I've got all 4 colors, 4 stars, and Super Beams and Super Pellets.

I'm getting my butt kicked by the plant/snake/sarlacc boss in the Forrest level.

I'm thinking that a wave gun and more shields would be pretty nice right about now, but the only thing I can find is the wave thing at the bottom right of the Volcano level, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get at it.

Help please...

You can't get the super wave gun (the thing in Volcano) until you get the wave gun. You get the wave gun

Spoiler

by defeating the Heart of the Forest -- the thing that you are having trouble with

. To defeat the Heart of the Forest, I suggest that you get real close. First,

Spoiler

there are two orbs, one on each side. Destroy those to take down its sheild. Then, get in real close, and use as many missles as you can on the orb in the center

. It may take some time, but I am sure that you will get it in the end -- personally, I think that this is one of the harder bosses in the game.

xander

It's always possible to fly directly into it's weak point after destroying the two orbs. You only need 2-4 missiles to kill it there.

Man, that was a bear. Much like the Volcano tank, I feel like I finally just got lucky one time and managed to get him.

Thanks for the help. Now for a couple more stars...

congrats. 🙂

The wave gun is the prize for the forest boss...