Stuck on last star

I only need one more star, and it's the one at the bottom of The Ice Caves here:

Posted Image

Can anyone give me a hint?

This is one of the harder parts of the game, because it requires some logic and a fair bit of luck to figure out how to unlock those gates. It is a puzzle. And that's all you're gonna get from me. 🙂

Can you tell me if I need to leave the Caves to do it?

No, you don't.

@picquilarius, on Dec 1 2006, 09:15 PM, said in Stuck on last star:

Can anyone give me a hint?

You've opened other doors with the wave gun. In this case the triggers aren't so obvious, but they are nearby.

Yeah, thanks. I figured it out. Very devious ;D.

Ok, now how about the star at the right end of the factory? (At least, that's what I assume is inside that room!) That's the last one I need, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get in the room, seeing as the trigger to open the room is inside it. I figured it'd be a trick with the homing missile, but I can't figure out what to do with it. Any hints?

@khedron, on Dec 3 2006, 01:49 AM, said in Stuck on last star:

Ok, now how about the star at the right end of the factory? (At least, that's what I assume is inside that room!) That's the last one I need, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get in the room, seeing as the trigger to open the room is inside it. I figured it'd be a trick with the homing missile, but I can't figure out what to do with it. Any hints?

There's probably another gun you're missing, have a look around, maybe in places you haven't spent much time in.

@ithin, on Dec 3 2006, 01:54 AM, said in Stuck on last star:

There's probably another gun you're missing, have a look around, maybe in places you haven't spent much time in.

Oh, right, that area. I forgot about that. Thanks!

@khedron, on Dec 2 2006, 09:37 PM, said in Stuck on last star:

Oh, right, that area. I forgot about that. Thanks!

I'm having trouble at this spot too. I have the super wave, super beam, and super homing pellets, and nothign I can think of has worked. My best guess has been shooting the homing pellets down the small shaft and trying to have the turrets pull them towards the blue switch, but they arc in too fast and hit the wall of the shaft. Any hints?

(nevermind)

xander

This post has been edited by darwinian : 15 December 2006 - 09:34 AM

@headutw, on Dec 15 2006, 01:05 AM, said in Stuck on last star:

I'm having trouble at this spot too. I have the super wave, super beam, and super homing pellets, and nothign I can think of has worked. My best guess has been shooting the homing pellets down the small shaft and trying to have the turrets pull them towards the blue switch, but they arc in too fast and hit the wall of the shaft. Any hints?

You're talking of the blue switch deep in the Factory, right? You need another super weapon, the super homing won't do.