What does Restrictive NAT mean?

Well, the title says it all. What does the Restrictive NAT thingy mean when you play online? Could anyone enlighten me?

It means that the setup of your router prevents certain traffic on your ports. Restrictive NAT just indicates that you may have problem playing games with other players who have Restrictive NAT (although it never hurts to try.) You can get rid of this warning by forwarding port 33333 to the IP address of your computer.

This should go in the FAQs.

edit: nevermind, it's already there.

This post has been edited by Veritus Dartarion : 10 December 2006 - 11:51 PM

@andcarne, on Dec 10 2006, 10:55 PM, said in What does Restrictive NAT mean?:

It means that the setup of your router prevents certain traffic on your ports. Restrictive NAT just indicates that you may have problem playing games with other players who have Restrictive NAT (although it never hurts to try.) You can get rid of this warning by forwarding port 33333 to the IP address of your computer.

Yes, thanks a lot for the info. However, I am not sure, when you say "forwarding port 33333", from where I should do this. Once I am on SketchFighter online mode? In the chat entry text box? I am not sure what you mean here. Thanks in advance.

@vicent-estrella, on Dec 12 2006, 11:26 AM, said in What does Restrictive NAT mean?:

Yes, thanks a lot for the info. However, I am not sure, when you say "forwarding port 33333", from where I should do this. Once I am on SketchFighter online mode? In the chat entry text box? I am not sure what you mean here. Thanks in advance.

Nevermind, I just read the FAQ. I'll read my router's doc.