Save-zone behavior in custom levels

final or wip?

Hi,

I was wondering if the save-zones replenish-only behavior in custom levels is final, or if the savegame ability for those levels ar a work in progress.

Anyway thanks for that sweet piece of software

@obeewan, on Dec 4 2006, 05:00 PM, said in Save-zone behavior in custom levels:

Hi,

I was wondering if the save-zones replenish-only behavior in custom levels is final, or if the savegame ability for those levels ar a work in progress.

Anyway thanks for that sweet piece of software

It was supposed to be final, but several people would love to see this feature added in 1.0.1 and maybe Lars will try to do so later.

Thanks!

I will indeed love to see this feature added later. As this may allow really big'n'difficult custom levels to be made without much frustration for the players...

I too hope this makes it in for 1.0.1 since the custom level I've made and uploaded already is a bit challenging with no saves along the way. It would add so much more to custom levels if they were saveable.

@andcarne, on Dec 4 2006, 07:44 PM, said in Save-zone behavior in custom levels:

I too hope this makes it in for 1.0.1 since the custom level I've made and uploaded already is a bit challenging with no saves along the way. It would add so much more to custom levels if they were saveable.

Hehe, I was just able to beat your level after changing the bosses' health to a very low amount in the editor.

That just takes the challenge out of it. 😛

I've actually beaten it straight through in one run a fair number of times. (I could hardly release it if I hadn't)

@andcarne, on Dec 4 2006, 09:44 AM, said in Save-zone behavior in custom levels:

Yeah, I was also annoyed by the lack of saves. But I have beaten your custom level as well. I didn't find the bosses that hard; I just kept dying in the lava area with that stupid turret hidden behind the two moving blocks.

This post has been edited by simX : 04 December 2006 - 01:16 PM

I haven't beaten your custom yet- the farthest I've gotten is to that nasty run the gauntlet bit right after the minefield.

And I am very strongly hoping that a full save system is implemented into customs in some future version of the game.

I beat that custom level fairly easily after I managed to get the game out of Hard Mode. It probably wouldn't be as easy if I actually confronted the minibosses face-to-face, but sniping them from just outside their rooms is quite easy (future level designers should keep in mind that they should set up bosses to not be visible until the doors to their arena have locked for battle).

@veritus-dartarion, on Dec 4 2006, 05:43 PM, said in Save-zone behavior in custom levels:

And I am very strongly hoping that a full save system is implemented into customs in some future version of the game.

Agreed. Any particularly long level (I'd count Andcarne's as on the long end of medium) would be nearly unbearable without some sort of save system.

Edwards