How long has mutiwinia been around

For windows, I mean

I'm just asking, because a friend has had a demo of the rocket level for four years or more, and he said it was Darwinia. I don't believe him, but I played the level once.

-K

QUOTE (Kasofa1 @ Mar 2 2010, 03:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm just asking, because a friend has had a demo of the rocket level for four years or more, and he said it was Darwinia. I don't believe him, but I played the level once.

-K

The rocket level was the second demo released for Darwinia. It is a Darwinia level, not a Multiwinia level. Multiwinia for Windows came out in the fall of 2008, as I recall (end of September, I think).

xander

I'm not saying I don't believe you, xander, but if that was a demo for Darwinia, then why isn't there a level like it in the game?

Also, I hope this doesn't count as a bump nor gravedig since the previous post was a mere five days ago.

QUOTE (darthkev @ Mar 7 2010, 02:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not saying I don't believe you, xander, but if that was a demo for Darwinia, then why isn't there a level like it in the game?

Also, I hope this doesn't count as a bump nor gravedig since the previous post was a mere five days ago.

Originally, the Windows demo for Darwinia was the level Mine. However, this was only for the Windows version of the game. When Ambrosia published the Mac version, they used the first two levels (Garden and Containment) as a demo, while further levels had to be unlocked. Introversion, the company that created Darwinia, quickly realized that the Mine demo was not a very good showcase of the game, so they created a second demo, called Launchpad. Launchpad is the current demo level for the Windows version of Darwinia, and has been for several years now. It can be played on a Mac with the most recent version of Darwinia, and with the demo2 mod.

xander

xander, either your link is screwed up or it's purposefully entirely in code. Either way, I can't read that and I can't code Darwinia mods in case that's the code for the demo2 mod.

QUOTE (darthkev @ Mar 7 2010, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

xander, either your link is screwed up or it's purposefully entirely in code. Either way, I can't read that and I can't code Darwinia mods in case that's the code for the demo2 mod.

It is a .rar file. You are need to download and extract it. That your browser is displaying a bunch of code is your browser's problem, in that it does not know what to do with the file, and is doing the wrong thing (attempting to display the file, rather than download it).

xander

Ah, got it, thanks. A simple right-click fixed the problem.