Loss of Control - Map Keeps Moving

I'm getting occasional problems where I lose control of the map, in that it keeps shifting to one direction. If make no action it just keeps sliding the map. Have been able to regain control by pressing esc, going through some menus, and then going back to the game, but that has been inconsistent. It makes it difficult to move around the map and near impossible to control the multiwinias.

I have only been playing single player mode so far. Anyone else experience anything like this?

hat happens to me sometimes too, whenever it starts sliding press the key in the direction it's sliding and that should fix it.

By the way, hi and welcome to the web board kcm104! 🙂

This post has been edited by Ninja Duck : 07 May 2009 - 12:45 PM

I have that happen to me to. Usually pressing either the key in the opposite direction and the key in the same direction as it is sliding or vice-versa fixes it, but I've had limited experience with this.

Sounds like you're using arrow keys, and they're getting "stuck" as far as the game is concerned. It'll reset if you hit the button to go in that same direction, as JacaByte and Ninja Duck said. I've seen this in some other games, and I always figured it was actually a stuck key, as opposed to a bug. Hmm...

QUOTE (mrxak @ May 9 2009, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like you're using arrow keys, and they're getting "stuck" as far as the game is concerned. It'll reset if you hit the button to go in that same direction, as JacaByte and Ninja Duck said. I've seen this in some other games, and I always figured it was actually a stuck key, as opposed to a bug. Hmm...

No, there is actually a bug, having something to do with Multiwinia not actually getting the "key-up" signal from the OS, or something of that nature (I think prophile provided a pretty good description of the problem at one point... or maybe Mike B.?). At any rate, hitting the key again should cause the game to get the proper signal, stopping the camera.

xander

From what I've seen, this usually happens when you push two buttons at the same time or push a button while clicking at the same time. Ninja Duck, JacaByte, and mrxak (how do you say that?), and xander have already said how to fix it, which has always worked for me.

In short, try to avoid pushing more than two buttons at once, mouse included, and you should be fine.

This post has been edited by darthkev : 06 October 2009 - 05:05 PM