Multiwinia, a game of stick-man slaughter now available!

Ambrosia Software is happy to announce the immediate release of Multiwinia, our new real-time online strategy war game for Macintosh.

Multiwinia features furiously-paced action and a beautifully rendered landscape populated with digital stick men ready to follow your orders to destroy their opponents.

**Darwin is dead. Prepare for war
Click here: http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/multiwinia

Tutorials for game play can be found here: http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/multiwinia/videos/

Multiwinia is available for an immediate download and sells for $19. Purchase to unlock the full version. Multiwinia is a multi-player real time strategy war game unlike any other. A chaotic war is raging in a fantastic fractalized world populated by bloodthirsty little stick men with a mission: follow your orders to annihilate their enemies. They will do your bidding no matter what the cost: order them to take that hill, flank the enemy or run screaming towards the flame turrets. The Multiwinians are bent on destruction, and if a few hundred of them have to be incinerated to get that flag, so be it! Multiwinia is being developed in partnership with Introversion Software, and follows award-winning Darwinia, DEFCON and Uplink.

Sweet! Multiwinia is a lot of fun, if a little confusing at first. 🙂

Oh the winianity!

I love that graphic.

QUOTE (Mackilroy @ Mar 5 2009, 04:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sweet! Multiwinia is a lot of fun, if a little confusing at first. 🙂

Hence the reason the game has tutorials, AND you can watch video tutorials of it here:
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/multiwinia/videos/

(The videos are impressive, I suggest you check them out!)

QUOTE (MagnusApollo @ Mar 5 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hence the reason the game has tutorials, AND you can watch video tutorials of it here:

Just in case message. Browser funnies. Safari Version 3.2.1 (4525.27.1) plays the tutorials but Firefox 3 ( Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009011912 Firefox/3.0.6 ) just displays black. May be a config error in my add-ons. Flashblock, NoScript are whitelisting Ambrosiasw com so maybe I will turn them off as a test. Anyone see this already?
-d

EDIT 04:22 Z : Firefox just informed me v3.0.7 update should be done. The tutorials play fine after the update. Wow you guys really have the direct line to the browser-gods... OR just the psychic network at work. 🙂

This post has been edited by duddits : 05 March 2009 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (MagnusApollo @ Mar 5 2009, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed, though I just skipped the tutorials and jumped right into the beta. 😄

QUOTE (duddits @ Mar 5 2009, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just in case message. Browser funnies. Safari Version 3.2.1 (4525.27.1) plays the tutorials but Firefox 3 ( Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009011912 Firefox/3.0.6 ) just displays black. May be a config error in my add-ons. Flashblock, NoScript are whitelisting Ambrosiasw com so maybe I will turn them off as a test. Anyone see this already?
-d

EDIT 04:22 Z : Firefox just informed me v3.0.7 update should be done. The tutorials play fine after the update. Wow you guys really have the direct line to the browser-gods... OR just the psychic network at work. 🙂

We have our connections... An an alter made out of bones, old computer parts, and the tears of programmers to help guide us forward. heh.

Glad the update works for you!!

QUOTE (mrxak @ Mar 6 2009, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I nominate that for an emoticon.

QUOTE (kickme @ Mar 6 2009, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I nominate that for an emoticon.

That was my plan... Already tried, it doesn't work when it gets smaller. I even went and reduced the fire and smoke down.. it just didn't translate well... going to retweek it and do it a bit more 8bit style.

Tarnation; I didn't accept the beta when I had the chance. You see, I didn't like Darwinia, and assumed that if Multiwinia was anything like its predecessor, I wouldn't enjoy testing it.

Let's see if it's anything like Darwinia...

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 06 March 2009 - 05:01 PM

Mac users cannot join hosted games on Windows machines, and vice versa. The dedicated servers work fine, though.

The windows users you're having trouble with aren't up-to-date with the latest version. The dedicated servers have been updated, but until everyone gets 1.3.0, there may be some incompatibilities.

Hey, I actually kinda like it, though I can't figure out how to change my name from New User to JacaByte...

If I remember right, you just click on your name, and it lets you change it.

In the window where your team color and everything is. I found it. 😉

I actually like this game a whole lot better than Darwinia. You can change the sound volume (which was desperately lacking from Darwinia), the Multiwinians are significantly smarter than the Darwinians (they'll employ a hit-and-run tactic of throwing grenades when they're not in formation), and the controls are no where near as frustrating as they were in Darwinia. Too bad I just bought the Insurrection Collection with my own money, and my birthday's about 3 months away. 😞

There are few demo player games available, but that may change in the future with more players.

QUOTE (JacaByte @ Mar 7 2009, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, I actually kinda like it, though I can't figure out how to change my name from New User to JacaByte...

There are two ways to change your name:

1. In the game lobby, click on your name. This will bring up a dialog which allows you to change your name and color. Click on your name, delete what is there, and type something else.
  2. At any time, you can type "/name (NewName)" into the chat box to change your name.

xander

QUOTE (JacaByte @ Mar 6 2009, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Emphasis mine. 😉 But thanks anyway.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 06 March 2009 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (JacaByte @ Mar 6 2009, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually like this game a whole lot better than Darwinia. You can change the sound volume (which was desperately lacking from Darwinia), the Multiwinians are significantly smarter than the Darwinians (they'll employ a hit-and-run tactic of throwing grenades when they're not in formation), and the controls are no where near as frustrating as they were in Darwinia. Too bad I just bought the Insurrection Collection with my own money, and my birthday's about 3 months away. 😞

There are few demo player games available, but that may change in the future with more players.

We could probably try to coordinate somewhat, if people are having trouble finding multiplayer games. I play at random times, but we could set up some official playtimes and see if we can get a bunch online at once.

Heh, I went to Apple.com to look at the downloads (really the only reason I go there anymore), and saw Multiwinia on the front page. I thought, "Wait, when did that come out?" I went directly to the boards, and found this announcement. Yesterday, huh... cool. Downloading now. 🙂 Can't wait to try it. Too poor to buy right now... at least, none of the money I DO have ought to be spent on meager indulgences such as this. Perhaps in the future... So I'll be playing the heck out of the demo for a while. 🙂