Goodbye

As you all know, I have been inhabiting the ARES community for many months now.

I have been using lots of my free time on ARES:

1. I have submitted two add-on files (expect to see the second one shortly) to the addons-section, but I have gotten little or no feedback.
  2. I have been conducting several surveys so I could better please you, but most of the responses I have gotten were idiotic jabberings of people trying to act cute or funny ("option z" oh ho ho ho how funny)
  3. I have been working on a plugin for ARES codenamed Before They Sailed (that's what was up with all the surveys) but since HERA isn't likely to come out before Fall, I have scrapped my part of it and handed control of it to Commodore Ambrose. He will complete it.
  4. I have submitted 4 Chapters (rough drafts) of the book that I was writing, but due to poor feedback and/or comments, I have scrapped that too.

I have been constantly contributing to the bored (pun intended), but it seems to be making no difference. I have found my work here very unrewarding, so I am leaving.

There are better projects that Slugsoft GamestuffŽ could be attending to (ie: better games to enhance), so ciao.

-Slug
gajet@pacbell.net (drop me a line)

P.S.: I might occasionally drop by the web boards to see if the ARES community is ready/worthy for my services again.

------------------
I do not suffer from insanity
I enjoy every minute of it

-Cantharan Admiral za'Grom
After the capture of Earth

Slug, Im sorry to here you say goodbye. You were a good man ( or woman). You have contributed so much to the ares community. But, I have an idea. If you could get you back on gameranger (ill explain how in a minute) maybe youll stay.
Ok heres how we get you back on gameranger.
1.) You open up an email address at hotmail.com
2.) You destroy the current copy of gameranger on your hardrive
3.) Then redownload gameranger
4.) You then open a new account ( and since you can have the same name twice, you should be fine)
And voila.... your back on gameranger and back into action!
But if you are really going to go, goodby. You were a great contributor to ares.
Bye....

------------------
Baku runs around with underwear on his head

Sorry you feel this way, Slug you were one of the only people posting chronicals that were worth reading, and your absence from the community will be sorely missed. What games are you going to work on, by the way?

------------------
yeah, it's gone
fireworks and blown speakers
strobe lights and hurricanes
i'm not here
this isn't happening
i'm not here

-Radiohead, How to disappear completely (and never be found)

See ya Slug, and thanks for the help. SPACE RACE is great.

--------------------

May adun be with you brave son of Auir.

-Praetor Fenix Protoss Flagship Gantharior-

------------------

And so another of the Ares web board old-timers fades away into anonymity, and the grieving board waits, praying for that revitalising essence that is known to most as Hera. . .

Bye Slug. Yes, your input will be missed. Hopefully, one day you'll dust off your copy of Ares and think: "Hey I wonder what happened to Ares" and be back in all your glory, but until then those who patronise this board will continue to stave off the bitter push into the "old game", until we too succumb.

Good luck with your other projects,

Sundered Angel
Ares Webboard Moderator,
and probably the most annoying single member Slug ever met...

Sorry about all the tounge lashings I gave you. You seem to have matured at an exponential rate and trancended into a respected member of the board (something I'm still working on). I would urge you to stick around and finish your plug (simply because I've got some really cool ideas for it and the assimilation of the Auds. plays an important role in my storyline) but the way it sounds you've gone beyond reach.

And so I bid you a respectfull adieu.

------------------
Throughout their history these "unenlightened" beings have continually opposed and fought abuses of power wrought by their own bretheren. We, as the prophets would do well to learn from these Humans.
-Final statement of the Salrilian reformist Sirthis shortly before his execution.

poot!** Sniff sniff**

bye!

I can't belive I once read those books... they left a bad taste in my mouth after i read them...

------------------
"These are my terms, abide by them or drink vacuum."-Tycho

NO! NOT SLUG TOO! Please don't go! I enjoyed your posts. But I suppose it's your decision, and there's no way I can stop you. sniff. Yet another board member is leaving. sniff

See you around, Slug.

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could devise it. We will line all our ships up and fly straight at the enemy death cannons therefore clogging them with wreckage.

cya slug it sucks to see another one of the good ares players leave the board (and TAG) :frown:
it was good while you were here

------------------
ramble on..

Slugs a hacker though.
I think if slug maybe screwed around with the prefs in gameranger im sure he could make it look like he had a different IP address.......

------------------
Baku runs around with underwear on his head

I've had enough of this. The board gets old, we lose player after player, and now Slug leaves :mad: .

ATTENTION GRAMMATICUS (spelling?) : get off of your ass and finish Hera, or else Slug may never come back

God dammit!! Their dropping like flys! :mad: Well Slug, I dont know if this changes anything but I (and many others surley) did apreciate your input, but if you want to do something else in your life then thats just great. You will be missed. I salute you.

PS: I protesting your ban from game-ranger, first of all from what I understand you didnt deserve to be permabanned, second of all even if you did do something bad, its not right to ban you FOREVER. See ya around.

Bye bye slug. I remember your first post on the old board. Well, no I don't that was too long ago, but It's sad to see the old ones go. I am almost the most senior member here. (i am not aware of the reg. dates of people like admiral darkk and cicion from the old board.

See 'ya slug.

------------------
"These are my terms, abide by them or drink vacuum."-Tycho

I have nothing else to say other than what has already been said. Your input will be missed. I hope that you actually are reading these posts in your honor. If every person on this topic is not happy with Slug's being booted off of GameRanger, then could we not petition it? The only email addresses on the GameRanger site goes to Scott Kevill, at developer@GameRanger.com or info@GameRanger.com. If we all send an email to him, or we could simply compile a list of names and email addresses here on this topic. I would think that this man is a sane man, and if 14 people (mabe more) tell him that Slug in not an evil person who wants to bring down GmaeRanger, then he will restore Slug's account. Does this sound like a good idea?

------------------
Stop whining about Hera! If you keep your posts to a minimum, then the people who are working on Hera will have nothing else to do, and will work more, and it will come out faster! Stop whining!!

Hrm, some of you were trying to be cute in responding to Slug's bye. I guess a few never learn. This is why I tend to stay away from the Ares board. The idiot population is more than quadruple (sp?) that of the EVO board. I mean, I can almost see the gooey, rancid film of "nerdy adolesence" driping out my monitor and onto the keyboard. Some of you just need to Grow-Up!

------------------
--
"Do or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Slug,

It's unfortunate that you should decide to leave on this note. I have never cared to read any of the chronicles, either those by you or anyone else, especially HIM (that "commander" whose name I will never speak again). That's just me. As to your add-on, you weren't the one who hacked the resource fork of the prefs file to access the levels that Nathan Lamont had already made. You only deserve credit for uploading it, and you have recieved plenty of it.

I think you will come back, just as I have. My parting note said that I was taking a sabaticle. I'm done, I'm back home again. You should say the same. Now we're on the topic of returning, if I have returned as Nohtia, then you'll probably return as Guls. Since this web board is not noted for any exceptional degree of intelligence, I fear that I must be explicite in stating that the last sentence was a hint (ahem).

Dave, I don't quite follow your reasoning here.

A longstanding member of the Ares boards calls it quits, and everyone bids him a fond farewell. And then you arrive and say "The Idiot Factor is four times higher hear than on the EVO boards".

What? I've visited the much-vaunted EVO boards, and watched the numerous complaints that the new boards are worse, seen goodbye posts, etc. And, frankly, I'm not impressed. If you so hate the Ares Boards, why come here?

Go along back to your own board before you really annoy me and I slap a ban on you... Sheesh... Some people... "Grow up" quoth he... Sheesh...

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

Try not to be too terribly short sighted. I wasn't referring to this post alone. There are alot of idiots, bad tempers (myself included), and jokers on both the boards, but its always seemed like there are more here. Maybe I'm just not reading the right posts on the EVO board, but it seems pretty clear to me. Oh, why include complaints of the new boards in the "idiot section." ? If people don't like the boards, they are free to say so.

Anywho, don't stick words in my mouth. I never said I hated these boards. Its more like a cautious aviodance.

Why is the idiot population more here? (Don't worry, I am not talking about you, or that guy, but maybe its you over there, er maybe not. I'm not pointing any fingers.) Well, there seem to be more people griping about Hera not being released soon enough, smart remarks to nearly every post (quote "You were a good man ( or woman)." Theres the one for this post) etc. Although I do enjoy reading the physics discussions here when they pop up. Some one needs to do a statistical servay on this whole thing.

Angel, banning something because they "annoy" you is a bit on the side of abusing ones powers, no?

------------------
--
"Do or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Hey, everyone around here knows I have the most wicked temper 😉
Actually, I've only ever banned one person, a repeat-offending spammer, so don't worry. So long as you stay calm, refrain from spamming, and don't post abusive messages, you'll be fine.

Yes, I admit that there are a lot of idiots on these boards, not naming any names, but surely that is the case with web boards everywhere?
I try my hardest to cut down on the senseless crap, but there's only so much a moderator can do. I suspect that the general nature of gaming boards attracts people with better fingers than brains.

Yes, the actual physics discussions can make good reading, when they show up. In fact, I might go set up an Ares Survey along those lines... Check the Newsline soon...

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy