Really Newbie....

Just getting started with Darwinia, pretty new to Ambrosia games too- started out with that SketchFighter game and thought I will try some other games.
ANYWAY.
I am having a tough time figuring out how to work the Darwinia game- I don't understand some of the instructions like LMB and stuff in the PDF that came in the game.
And do they want me to draw the gesture shapes with my mouse?

Anybody can point me to a sorta tutorial or something?

It woulda been good if the game had a tutorial sorta like the one in SketchFighter.

So I am a lame-oh and hope somebody can help me, forgive me for the stoopidt questions.

THANX
paj

Check the preferences. There's a different non-gesture control system for Darwinia.

But real men use the gesture system.

@nfreader, on Dec 28 2006, 01:46 AM, said in Really Newbie....:

But real men use the gesture system.

And so does nfreader. 😛

@paj, on Dec 27 2006, 04:15 PM, said in Really Newbie....:

Just getting started with Darwinia, pretty new to Ambrosia games too- started out with that SketchFighter game and thought I will try some other games.
ANYWAY.
I am having a tough time figuring out how to work the Darwinia game- I don't understand some of the instructions like LMB and stuff in the PDF that came in the game.
And do they want me to draw the gesture shapes with my mouse?

Anybody can point me to a sorta tutorial or something?

It woulda been good if the game had a tutorial sorta like the one in SketchFighter.

So I am a lame-oh and hope somebody can help me, forgive me for the stoopidt questions.

THANX
paj

LMB stands for Left Mouse Button, and in the same vein, RMB stands for Right Mouse Button. (It's easy to forget sometimes that not everyone knows these acronyms. Probably would've been a good idea to define them in the manual.)

As to the gesture system, as nfreader and prophile mentioned, there is an option to use a more standard RTS (Real Time Strategy) interface instead of the gesture system. To change the interface, launch the game and hit escape to get to the main menu. Click on Options, then Control Options, and change the Control Mode option to Icon Based.

When you start the first level, it should step you through most of the basics of the game, and works as a tutorial, similarly to the Sketchfighter one.

If you have any more specific questions, feel free to ask them here on the forums.