Bought Darwinia via Steam, is the liscense transferable?

i bought darwinia via Steam, is there any way to obtain a liscense to use it on my MBP?

I am 100% sure you will have to buy a license from ASW to run it on your OS X side.

@incontrovertible, on Dec 17 2006, 06:50 AM, said in Bought Darwinia via Steam, is the liscense transferable?:

I am 100% sure you will have to buy a license from ASW to run it on your OS X side.

What he said. If you buy the Steam version, it is possible to extract the game files, and play on a Windows box without Steam. It is also possible to play on a Linux box, using the Steam files (you would have to dowload a patch from IV to do that, but it is possible). If you buy the standalone version from some retail outlet or IV, then you may play on either Windows or Linux (again, using the patch), but cannot register the game to Steam. Neither version is compatible with Mac OS X. To play the Mac version, you must buy a seperate license from ASW.

xander

figured as much

One more note: the Mac, Linux, and Windows versions of Darwinia all use the same data files. Thus, if you legally purchase the Mac version, it is possible to extract the data files, then get the executable (in patch form) from IV. Thus, if you buy the Mac version, it is possible to install it on a Windows box, though it requires a bit of work, and is not officially supported by either IV or ASW.

xander

@darwinian, on Dec 17 2006, 05:09 PM, said in Bought Darwinia via Steam, is the liscense transferable?:

One more note: the Mac, Linux, and Windows versions of Darwinia all use the same data files. Thus, if you legally purchase the Mac version, it is possible to extract the data files, then get the executable (in patch form) from IV. Thus, if you buy the Mac version, it is possible to install it on a Windows box, though it requires a bit of work, and is not officially supported by either IV or ASW.

xander

hehe, kinda like if you have the pak0.pk3 for quake three arena you can just download the appropriate point release for your platform and be good to go? I once had a mac that came with the OSX version (my father gave it to me, but it died) and it took me all of twenty minutes to figure out how to get it working on my HP. then i could ahve t-computer lan parties! w00t.