pop-pop hours

I was wondering if it would work to set up certain hours where people would try to be on pop-pop. Sure, it wouldn't get as many people as a tourney would, but it could still get some. I was thinking somewhere around 1-2 hours a day, twice a week. Maybe this is a stupid idea, but I have no idea what time to look for people on here.

I can be on after 4 PM, Pacific coast time, pretty much any day of the week.

Well, I'm glad that at least one of the 66 people who have viewed this so far has an opinion.

ne, pepper-san don't be so sarcastic o_O;

You have done quite well here - two (counting me) replies in 180 views - the previous topic had a response rate of 1:300 last time I checked. XD

I must profess to only being online very erratically, but I do check the tracker more often than I check the web-board - having given up on that some time ago. If I see anyone online (which I haven' in something like 3 months now) I will log-on.

It's a shame - I would stay online in the tracker, but I found that more often than not, pop-pop drops the connection without telling me. Obviously still several bugs in the tracker - but it never was as stable as it was back in the old versions of pop-pop -_-

I'm thinking of upgrading to a new Intel Mac sometime soon though - but maybe not this year. When I do, that might well be it for me, since pop-pop is not universal ::sniffs:: end of an era, ne? Perhaps Ambrosia (and/or whoever the original author is - Andrew Cambell?) could be persuaded to release the code so nice clever people (with nothing better to do) could fix the bugs and re-release it for the Intel Mac? onegai? ^__^

As I say though, if I see people online, I'll log in. I tend to check from around 6-7pm GMT onwards to about midnight.

@ryoko, on Oct 6 2006, 11:53 PM, said in pop-pop hours:

ne, pepper-san don't be so sarcastic o_O;

You have done quite well here - two (counting me) replies in 180 views - the previous topic had a response rate of 1:300 last time I checked. XD

It occurred to me as I was reading the statistical data that this board seems to collect, that not all the users who read it really are 'users' - for example:

263 guests, 14 members 1 anonymous members

Ryoko, Google.com, Ask Jeeves, Kinniken, orcaloverbri9, Edwards, WonderBoy, htjyang, Veritus Dartarion, Prince GFono, C14ru5, Rogan, dsaf, HollyWoozle, Modesty Blaise

I would guess that many of the 'viewers' might end up being "Google.com", "Ask Jeeves", and other such search sites - in other words whatever programs they use to index web pages.

You see, we're not even as popular as we thought. ^_~

😧

I say we go on a rampant advertising spree, and tape up links to the download page over all major cities!

YEAH!

Something incredible happened last night!

I met a popper who good fun to play, polite, courteous, and a good player to boot ^_^

But baka here has alreay forgotten his net-handle o_O;

::sighs::

@hamster, on Oct 8 2006, 11:20 PM, said in pop-pop hours:

😧

I say we go on a rampant advertising spree, and tape up links to the download page over all major cities!

YEAH!

Suberashi ^_^

but there's just one minor problem - there probably won't be anyone online -_-;