The anyway named Bump-o-Matic Pop-RaceŠ

Tourney announcement

Eno and popeye proudly announcing a Bump-o-MaticŽ tourney on Monday, 29th of November, 19:30 GMT

This is going to be the second tourney of a possible league-style Pop-Pop-Tourney World SeriesŠ. See also the results of the last tourney View Post.

We are going to host that tourney, using the Pop-Race-Machine. It represents a brandnew concept of tourney pop-poping, set up by Hyko, based upon rules introduced by Ryoko View Post

The initial order of the starters will be set according to the last tourney's results, new players are rowed in at the bottom of the list in random order. We set it up for 4 rounds but that can be changed according to the number of players participating. Hyko proposed not to limit the number of rounds but to set up a time limit, e.G. 2 hours. This could be subject to lively discussion in this thread. (potential view per post-factor VPP=20 ;))

Please sign in to the tournament on the tourneysystem http://pop-pop.webhop.net
There you'll also find a brief explanation of how-it-works (yet to be completed) and what the surrounding conditions are (No. of rounds, etc.). Everyone is welcome!

Looking forward to an exciting tournament with lots of players! 🙂

suits me, I'm now signed in ^_^

I gotta skip this one, I'll be in class then.

nemo, on Nov 27 2004, 11:09 AM, said:

I gotta skip this one, I'll be in class then.

Sorry for that, Nemo, I know it's not a perfect day for players from your part of the world. Next time it could be a sunday again.
But: Your and Ryoko's posts make this day one of my happiest days of the whole week, maybe. 🙂 I admit, I thought about giving up: What a desaster, no reply no signing in for days! (ahh! forgot, there was one reply by email, sth. like: "Could you please take me off the mailing list, I don't play Pop-Pop anymore as I sold my Mac..." :huh:

We are 4 players now: Ducky, Eno, Ryoko and myself! So don't miss this great opportunity to climb up to at last rank 5 in this great Grand Slam tourney without even using your mouse! You could even do it without hands or without looking, you could play totally drunk. What other game gives you the possibility to be among the ten best players of the whole world without any skill and very little effort? 🙂 (side-effect: It'll ruin your statistics for sure, that's what it will do to mine)

That's why we still need some more players, lumisa, Paulina, eccles, zap, to name some missing ones out of the last tournaments, n'est-ce pas, SHOES? And also some of this weeks' tracker players like Lemon Jelly or 888. Don't leave me alone with those that have signed in yet! Go on the tracker and spread the news (amongst whom? :unsure: )!

I am extremely sorry, but I forgot that I have tickets for a reading on monday evening and cannot join the tournament this time. I was really looking forward to play a tournament again. Now I hope that enough people will sign in and all of you will have a great tournament.

popeye, on Nov 27 2004, 11:51 AM, said:

(ahh! forgot, there was one reply by email, sth. like: "Could you please take me off the mailing list, I don't play Pop-Pop anymore as I sold my Mac..." :huh: View Post

Did you tell them to follow the pop-pop for Windows download link from here? O.o;

Ryoko, on Nov 28 2004, 12:19 AM, said:

Did you tell them to follow the pop-pop for Windows download link from here? O.o;

I did. 🙂
btw., the Pop-Pop Win-Version is still not to be found at Versiontracker, maybe Ambrosia could do sth. about that...
On the other hand, is there really a need for even more players, flooding this board, overpopulating the tracker? :unsure: I think the pop-pop-player-per-planet-earth-inhabitant-ratio should equal the post per view factor here, ensuring that playing Pop-Pop is something very, very special.

Seriously, I can't remember the odd/even/who plays whom first?-rule we had last time. Is it odd plays downward first or vice versa? Anybody give me a clue, please. I'll write it into the tourney system's bumprace description. Thanks.

And, Hyko, I'm very sad you can't make it this time. 😞 Wish you a nice evening, hope the reading does not make you regret you left out that tourney.