October Tournament: KI3

**If someone is prepared to take over running the tournament at or after 1500GMT on Sunday AND all other participants are willing to accept the change, I would be happy to hand it over (and the prize/s would still be on).

no, this is your tournament, dingo - FINALLY. 🙂 don´t worry about me, i will play the next one.
i will of course try and come, but the chances are quite low. so if i don´t manage to do so: enjoy yourselves and have lots of fun!! 🙂

------------------

1 hours and 20 mins to go! 🙂 Loooking forward to it.

------------------

Thanks all for a nice tournament - was fun!

------------------
Relive the MSX on your Macintosh!
(url="http://"http://www.msxgamesbox.com")www.msxgamesbox.com(/url)

Good tourney despite there only being 6 of us. Well played Eno that was a tough final game you played. Nice to have a new champ I suppose :mad: 🙂

Crono, Lumisa, LISH, Helix, Squibix, Texas; Hope you can make other tourneys? 🙂

Thanks for hosting Dingo.

------------------

Thanks to all for this nice little tourney 😉
I'm very surprised that I've win, and I was lucky to play against HoNu second round. (Sorry HoNu 😉 )

See you!

------------------
Please correct me! I'm a pupil learning English.

Congrats Eno! and sorry I couldn't make it. Since the time was set so long ago, I didn't realize til yesterday (doh) that the tournament was going to fall on a Sunday morning; and due to musical commitments I have to go to not one but TWO church services every Sunday.

But anyways I'm glad to see the tournaments back in action, and I promise I'll be at the next one!

Oh and of course: Thanks Dingo! Very muchly!

------------------
'make what I imagine happen or maybe I'm just a dreamer'
(url="http://"http://squibix.net/")squibix web(/url)

Well, it finally happened. I managed to host a tournament which didn't spontaneously combust or implode under its own weight. And it turned out to be a heck of a lot of fun, too. 🙂

Thanks to everyone who played and played in good spirit (under the pain of SHOES' freaky modem) and especially thanks to Hyko for the excellent tournament page.

Results? Oh, yeah, right, of course.

Rank   |Playername          |won    |lost   |won     |lost    |diff    |
       |                    |games  |games  |rounds  |rounds  |        |
-------|--------------------|-------|-------|--------|--------|--------|
1      |SHOES               |      5|      0|      15|       3|      12|
2      |Hyko                |      4|      1|      12|       4|       8|
3      |Eno                 |      3|      2|      11|       6|       5|
4      |HoNu                |      2|      3|       6|      11|      -5|
5      |Dingo               |      1|      4|       4|      14|     -10|
6      |msxgamesbox         |      0|      5|       5|      15|     -10|
       |checksums           |     15|     15|      53|      53|       0|

Playoffs:

1 v 2 SHOES 3 : Hyko 0
3 v 4 Eno 3 : HoNu 1

Finals:

SHOES 0 : Eno 3
Hyko 3 : HoNu 1

Eno came home with a wet sail and stormed into first place from third after the round robin. After playing the qualifiers so well (and under duress), SHOES was left to gnash his teeth and dream of the sweet revenge to come next tournament. Hyko finished with a well deserved win and HoNu gains immense respect for playing at 4 o'clock in the morning. msxgamesbox and yours truly were left to ponder starting a "division 2" league where the grand masters can't hurt us any more. 😛

Congratulations to Eno, Kaisama Inu 3 champion and prize winner.
You have earned the title of "Top Dog of Pop Pop"!

Due to me having something which vaguely approximates a life, I can't guarantee being able to run a regular tournament. It's something I really need to plan for well in advance. Rest assured that sometime, there will be a KI4, there will be more prizes and I will want a whole lot of people playing. In the meantime, I hope to see you all on the tracker. Thanks once again for making KI3 so much fun.

(edit: evil text formatting...)

(edit2: thanks Hyko!)
------------------
Hi. I'm Dingo. Can I have your baby?

(This message has been edited by Dingo (edited 10-06-2003).)

Dingo thanks a lot for hosting the tournament. I think it was a success although there have been six players only. Congratulations Eno for beeing the new pop-pop champion! Congrats Shoes for the second place!

Thx all for playing. Hope next time we see more of our friends again 🙂

Hyko

P.S. Dingo. You can format the results table with help of the CODE-Tag provided by this messageboard. Look at older result-postings for examples 🙂

------------------
Have a look on the inofficial tourney-system: (url="http://"http://pop-pop.webhop.net")http://pop-pop.webhop.net(/url) 🙂

(This message has been edited by Hyko (edited 10-06-2003).)

congratulations eno!!! well done! 🙂
too bad i missed it, i´ll try to be there next time.

------------------

Hi people,
A bit of a shame that I missed the last tournament. I would have really liked to have taken part, but since moving back to England (Leeds) to study and lead the student life, I've yet to get an internet connection. Can any of you british poppers recommend a good mac friendly internet connection to me?

Cheers

------------------

Originally posted by Helix20:
**Hi people,
A bit of a shame that I missed the last tournament. I would have really liked to have taken part, but since moving back to England (Leeds) to study and lead the student life, I've yet to get an internet connection. Can any of you british poppers recommend a good mac friendly internet connection to me?

Cheers

only because it´s you, helix, i will answer this question one more time, - since british poppers have already answered this question weeks ago. :)... excuse my being lazy enough to just quote my last answer (from this very thread by the way...):

Originally posted by Lumisa:
**i´m with telewest broadband. many people i know use BT.
just to warn you - it took ages (well, weeks) to get an appointment.
(but when they finally came, they brought the modem and installed everything within half an hour).

and then
(quote)Originally posted by fyrephin (to prevent you, fyrephin, from having to answer again 😉

------------------

(quote)Originally posted by lumisa:
**(quote)Originally posted by Helix20:
**Hi people,

Cheers

**(/quote)
only because it´s you, helix, i will answer this question one more time, - since british poppers have already answered this question weeks ago. ... excuse my being lazy enough to just quote my last answer (from this very thread by the way...):
(quote)Originally posted by Lumisa:
**i´m with telewest broadband. many people i know use BT.
just to warn you - it took ages (well, weeks) to get an appointment.
(but when they finally came, they brought the modem and installed everything within half an hour).
**(/quote)
and then
(quote)Originally posted by fyrephin (to prevent you, fyrephin, from having to answer again

**(/quote)

Ok!

------------------