Not found error

When I try to start the game it brings up an error saying ">>Pop-Pop<<" not found. Do i have to download an extra component?? Im running it off an old iMac (minimum requirements) if it makes any difference.

------------------
I dont have a signature

hmm- haven't heard this one before.

I'd try re-installing the game (after deleting the current one off your hard drive.) If it still happens then re-download it. You should get all the parts you need (there is no additional download stuff.)

What system? OS9? OS x?

------------------

I have the same problem when I startet pop-pop. I delete the programm-folder and take a new download from macgamesfiles.com – but the problem continues. The machine is a G3/300, System 9.9.2, German

The System is correct ť9.2.2Ť, German - sorry

Its running 8.4 (minimum requirement). I downloaded it twice (once from abrosia and once from one of the other servers. Both gave me the error.

oh, i tried renaming Pop-pop to >>pop-pop<< (dont ask me why) and it then couldnt find >>>>pop-pop<<<<.

Anyone seen/fixed this problem??

------------------
I dont have a signature

Originally posted by hereshecomes:
The System is correct ť9.2.2Ť, German - sorry

If you have a US version of Mac OS 9, try that, just maybe...

------------------
-- One step beyond, Yo' Fox

Originally posted by Chocolate_Ambrosia:
**Its running 8.4 (minimum requirement).

There is no System 8.4 😃

pop-pop should work just fine on systems back to System 8.6, but this error reminds me of one we saw on pre-OS9 systems that don't have Internet Config installed. If Internet Config is not installed on your system, you can (url="http://"ftp://ftp.quinn.echidna.id.au/Others/Quinn/Config/InternetConfig2.0.2.sit")download it(/url) and see if it fixes your problem.

------------------
Matt Slot / Bitwise Operator / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

I get the same error on MacOS 8.6. The machine is a Power100 (PowerMac 8100) with a Sonnettech G3 upgrade. I installed InternetConfig without any change.

I'm having this same frustrating problem. Please help. I'm running OS 9.0.4 on a 333mhz imac. The internet config is loaded. I really want to try this game. Can anyone please help?!?

ok i think i have this figured out. its a bug, my bug, sorry. i'll fix it in the next release, but for now here is what you should do:

make sure you have the following installed in your extensions folder:
InputSprocket Extension <- this is the most likely cause of your problems
Sound Manger

let me know if that helps,

wrangler

------------------

That worked for me. Thanks! I really love the game!
-jon

Still that problem have both of them in the extensions foulder and sill get that error. ah well guess I will have to wait for the update :frown:

------------------
The brave are always the first to die.
No Retreat! No Surrender!
Death Before Dishonor

Originally posted by Chocolate_Ambrosia:
(BI dont have a signature(/B)

Yes you do! 🆒

------------------
/admiraldennis
(url="http://"mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com")mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com(/url)admiraldennis@mac.com

I have the InputSprocket Extension (1.7.3, from Game Sprockets 1.7.5) and Sound Manager (3.7 from Quicktime 6.0) both installed, but the problem remains. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thank you for the help...

Hello,

We are having the same problem. We have the sprocket extension and sound manager installed. We are running MacOS 9.04 on a PowerMac 7100 with a NewerTechnology 240 MHz G3 upgrade card. We really want to try out this game. We are on Ambrosia's mailing list so I hope that you send out a notice when this bug gets fixed.

harderduo

Hello,

Is there any news on this? We would really like to try this game. We eventually end up purchasing most of Ambrosia's titles.

Thanks

Originally posted by Harderduo:
**Hello,

Is there any news on this? We would really like to try this game. We eventually end up purchasing most of Ambrosia's titles.

Thanks**

I havn't heard anything yet, I would try emailing help@ambrosiaSW.com see what they say..

Best of luck!

------------------
One step beyond!
pop-pop web board moderator &
Jugular Juggalin' Juggalo fox!
+----------------+

OK, I e-mailed Ambrosia help and they responded, suggesting that I download and install the latest and greatest game sprockets from Apple. I did this and it didn't help. Maybe Wrangler could tell us when he expects to have the bug fixed.

Thanks

I downloaded the 'latest and greatest' Game Sprockets from Apple and ran the game without success, as well. I think the solution to the problem is elsewhere...

Originally posted by harderduo:
**OK, I e-mailed Ambrosia help and they responded, suggesting that I download and install the latest and greatest game sprockets from Apple. I did this and it didn't help. Maybe Wrangler could tell us when he expects to have the bug fixed.

Thanks**

Email back and tell them it still doesn't work! 🙂

------------------
One step beyond!
pop-pop web board moderator.
+----------------+