Fatium Iustium Dudosum

(I guessed the last word. It's supposed to say "the just fate of the doubters.")

Darkk's 4 races are ready for balencing. All of them. Nar crashes are over and done with.
As soon as I have the S'pht and Pfhor, level creation can be done up through chapter 2.

------------------
"In literature as in love we are astounded by what is chosen by others." Andre Maurois

Can I help balance?

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

I don't think so, Jov. If Pallas wants the help, you can, but I'm not sure you're the right person for this (no offense).

Movie #3 is on track. All I need is the S'pht carrier/dreadnought/bigger model.
And a dang wormhole swirly.

I'll have to work on wormhole swirlies.

------------------
"In literature as in love we are astounded by what is chosen by others." Andre Maurois

Well, if you wish to ignore a potentially valuable branch of beta testing an insightful TC making knowledge, then that's your just fate as a doubter.

------------------

Beta testing is fine, but I'm not sure I would want you to have creative control.
I'm trying to keep the number of people with that as small as I can.

You can beta test as soon as it enters beta stage. I'll tell you.

------------------

As far as I'm concerned, any problem that I spot in beta stage will be far easier fixed in alpha stage.

------------------

You see Jov, the problem is that M:Inv is kind of our baby. We've worked for several months to make it what it is and if we take on anyone else at this stage it's gonna be born with flippers. I'll mark you down for beta if you want, but the alpha is going to be closed circuit.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.dissectional.com/swf/index.html") Dig a little deeper (/url)
(url="http://"http://www.axisnet.f2s.com")=Axis Software Integrated=(/url)

SARG??? What the hell

Sarg's sort of IN CHARGE of M:Inv.
I talked it out with Pallas, Jov, and you really should just beta test.

By the time there would be stuff to balence, it'd be best to let Pallas handle it himself.
Furthermore, there's the old "too many cooks spoil the soup" thing.

Don't worry. We will value your input and fairly consider your suggestions. It's just that, well, by the time work would appear for you, Pallas would be in a better position to do it.

------------------

Well, my comment above was somewhat satirical for reasons which I guess you didn't pick up...

Never mind. I'll be happy to play it, but I don't think there's much I could offer you that you'd be willing to take in at that stage.

------------------

Well, I'll probably have it balanced out, but once it enters beta, all sorts of unintented tricks will pop up. At that point, your job is to become a tactical genius with the race of your choice and let us fine tune the races for the use of tactical genii.

------------------
"Welcome to our Pirate outpost. Please enjoy your stay, and realize that any irregular actions can and will be used against you in the afterlife."

I'm now in charge of sounds, so I need complete and full access to M:Inv ship's and weapons.

------------------

Originally posted by Joveia:
SARG??? What the hell

I've got a wormhole model.
Sprites really aren't much use in cutscenes. If Sarg/Pallas rejects them, I might as for new models, but only in POV format.

------------------

Why on Earth don't people understand when I make funny jokes and don't laugh at them?

sigh

Ni! I sent you an email darkk, I hope it was found and received in happy spirits. For 'twas indeed a happy time 'twas sent. Betwixt 9 and 12, should I recall accurately...

I was wondering. Surely you must have some storyline other than the missions and background story. Like what's been happen'n for all the factions, especially the Vylae and so on, Nebulons... I don't think there is a great deal of info on them. Oh yes, everyone hates the Nebulons. And I mean everyone.

I think it would be nicer if it was some time after the war (this is after Aye Mak Sicur, of course. Not M2) with the Pfhor-human war in it's opening stages. You don't want to cover the entire battle from start to finish - I expect that's about 50 years long, atleast.

------------------

Well, it starts more immediatly after M2.
My personal theory is that M2/MI are simultanious, because of 1) the ending screen of M2, and some interction (MI: blow up dam on Minor River, M2: flooding on the Minor River).

Durandal knew something with time-travel was going on, but didn't tell the player in M2 anything because he didn't know what exactly was going on, and wouldn't admit it.

In any case, I've always been a "make it up as I go along". An "A" in AP English 2 years in a row (all-As in English for the last 3 years, only 1 B on my freshman year) proves I can make that work. Screw over-writing. It killed Nova's fun.

------------------

Boo! 🙂

Been away for a long time, just checking in again. 🙂

Looks like M:Inv is progressing very nicely! Time to go check the web page for it...

What killed Nova is the lack of cohesion. None of the major factions went together very well. And that guy who wrote the Polaris is a communist, I'll stake my registration code on it.

M2, if you remember, the guy who is the player is a God, of some kind. The M2 reality was 'rejected' because the W'rkr's were freed. So what he did was step into another alternate reality. That failed, and he goes through another one before finding the 'perfect' reality. In this one, Durandal merges with Thoth, and the Jjarro station collapses Lh'owon's sun into a black hole. The player is 'freed' though what this entails I do not know.

Elsewhere, the human empire is no doubt fighting some huge war.

Of course, that last storyline in M? plays havoc with M2's ending sequence. Obviously, the wr's would have done some major damage, so perhaps they didn't exist and everyone stuffed up, especially the poor Jjarro, who imprisoned a being they thought existed.

------------------
Everything can be expressed in 2. 2+2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2.

No, what happened (as far as I can tell) is this:

1. Durandal gets his arse toasted like it shows in the MI manual.
  2. Marine goes back in time from first MI level.
  3. Marine alters the course of history.
  4. Because of alteration of history, M2 turns out the way it did.

There is a great deal of interaction between the two that support the "all at once" theory.

1. The Minor River thing above.
  2. It provides the explanation on how Durandal got out capture in M2. "Tuck this kitty into that impenetrable brainpan of yours" indeed.

Interesting that the Marine could have met multiple instances of himself, not all of them friendly. I wonder if that's subtly implied in the Multiplayer co-op (and other) levels.
Especially "4D Space"

------------------

(This message has been edited by Fleet Admiral Darkk (edited 06-14-2002).)

All I'm touting is what's on Hamish Sinclair's page. If you have another theory, then submit it. That's all I have to say.

------------------