Almost like magic...

Could you give us more of an idea what Overlords can do (and what is required of them to keep the status) compared to a normal member and why they are weaker than Centeral Scrutinizers? 🙂

BTW: Is Hector a moderator, just under a different name?

------------------
"Well try to kill them with a fork-lift!"
The Notorious Bounty
Hunter,
Boba Fett

Admiral Dennis wrote:
**Darkk spammed, along with many others... Soldier of Binki has been spamming a lot lately!

A LOT? Well, okay, I did post about three redundant posts in one thread, but that's MOSTLY it... And I made up for it by posting something not only relevant but (hopefully) usefull today so 😛
I agree that Vegetta and Pax should have Overlord status. I haven't been around here long enough to really be a judge of anyone's character but Vegetta hosts a weekly tourney, and Pax has a lot of stuff on the Ares Axis and, well, he does the updates for it apparently.

Hey, I assumed that if you posted 3 inane posts in one of my topics, that you did it in others. You have my siscerest apologies. Don't do it again. 😉

------------------
I come, I go; You'll never know...

-Admiral Dennis
(url="http://"mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com")mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com(/url)admiraldennis@mac.com

Replicant wrote:
**Whoops... I thought he had changed his name to Admiral Sargatanus. Well, that's the point of changing your identity, after all...

It might not be as good as reformation, but still, Rebel is off the board... and I frankly think everyone can be happy with that.**

Yes, I and many others are very happy about that. I know who our friend Sargatanus really is, and it an't Rebel. Let's just say he's one of our old friends from long ago...

------------------

-Admiral Dennis
(url="http://"mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com")mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com(/url)admiraldennis@mac.com

Hmm. This policy of multiple "Overlords" sounds interesting. However, I have to say, adminship on this board seems more like a status appointment than anything else. The board has had perhaps one conflict fractious enough to merit "moderation" in its history, and, if that pattern continues, I think Admiral Grammaticus will be more than capable of handling any problems that may crop up.
However, I have been away from the board for a time, and perhaps things have changed in my absence. The above is nothing but my two cents, and, naturally, Andrew has a better hold on the situation than I do. Anyway, multiple, rotating admins will certainly solve the problem of "moderator fatigue" that Andrew and I have discussed. As to the question of who, exactly, should posess these "Overlord-doms," I think that all members of the Axis staff should at least be considered, and, with the relative peacefulness of this board firmly in mind, any regular poster with their head firmly on their shoulders should also be included.

------------------
Garm <axis.n3.net>

Well, well, well! Vegeta and Pax are our new Overloards! They were the best choices, after all. I'm glad we have great new Overloards! Oh, and by the way, now that you guys are all-powerful, can one of you move my post "Sorry I missed the Torney" from The Ares Officer's Club to The Ares Brefing Room where it belongs? I would do it myself, but I don't have the athority...

------------------

-Admiral Dennis

Admiral Dennis wrote:
**Well, well, well! Vegeta and Pax are our new Overloards! They were the best choices, after all. I'm glad we have great new Overloards! Oh, and by the way, now that you guys are all-powerful, can one of you move my post "Sorry I missed the Torney" from The Ares Officer's Club to The Ares Brefing Room where it belongs? I would do it myself, but I don't have the athority...

I moved it to the Officer's Club because I felt it belonged there. It's a personal message.

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

Sorry, my mistake. I thought I stupidly put it there, when I wanted it with the posts about the torney. Well, I didn't get Overloard position here because there were too many better choices then me. I hope for it to be me and Slayer on the Cythera board...

------------------

-Admiral Dennis

I'd be the guy that posts regularly and has a firm head on his shoulders, or was that firm shoulders on my head, no, it was a head on my firm shoulders.... sigh.
I'm still that guy. And btw admiral dennis: you dont consider your posts complaining about spammers spams themselves? 🙂 😉
And another thing: I DON'T LIKE TO POST SMILES!!! 🙂 😉 :redface: > :frown: 😛
whoops... maybe im confused about that last statement 🙂

------------------
The Notorious Bounty
Hunter,
Boba Fett

QUESTION: If Vegeta and Pax are Overloards in the Ares board, does their power spread to other boards, like the Cythera one?

------------------

-Admiral Dennis

So you decided who the overlords are... I WANTED TO BE ONE!!! 🙂

------------------
The Notorious Bounty
Hunter,
Boba Fett