AE - Ship related

Anything to do with ships. Designs, ideas, graphics, any input you might offer related to AE. You don't necessarily have to be on the AE team to make suggestions.

I've made this extension of AE because of my inherent dislike of having to go to 'page 2' all the time, so please save me some embarrassment and use it.

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people, those who can count, and those who can't.

Good idea. What are you going to do when this topic gets to long, make a "AE - Ship related II" What about the schooner? I thought you said the sprite was done.

------------------
Creator of the great new plugin for ares "Earth's Journey Back To The Stars". And a member of the Ares Extended Team. Have a nice day.
(This message has not been edited by brookeview (sig edited 08-15-2001).)

It should be available for viewing (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/FileSharing.woa/wa/default?user=joveia&templatefn;=FileSharing.html&aff;=consumer&cty;=US〈=en")here(/url).

At the moment I also have SETR to cope with, which is where most of my graphic concentration is concentrated.

------------------

Well its not what I expected but it is hard to tell what it will look like in the game.

------------------
Creator of the great new plugin for ares "Earth's Journey Back To The Stars". And a member of the Ares Extended Team. Have a nice day.

Your ship designs are nice, Count Altair, but you've got the texturing all wrong.

When I get my email to work, I'll help you on that.

------------------
Time is the best teacher, yet it kills all of it's students.

Hey Slug, Count Altair could one of you send me the history of ares file that you both have. I would really like to read it.

------------------

I acknowledge my ship's textures are a little too bright, but they are very close to the Ishiman texture. Make your own texture if you want, and I'll compare the 2.

(EDIT)
I'm going to change the model a bit, make it more Romulan, hollow interior, pilot end, warp nacelles, the works.
(/EDIT)

------------------

(This message has been edited by Count Altair El Alemein (edited 08-17-2001).)

Just remember as you are romulanisn your ships that the race that really built them is the Ishiman

------------------

(This message has been edited by brookeview (edited 08-17-2001).)

Originally posted by brookeview:
**Hey Slug, Count Altair could one of you send me the history of ares file that you both have. I would really like to read it.

No.

------------------

Heh, I know I'll never make a ship as good as (url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/4196/warbird.jpg")this(/url).

------------------

Hint: (url="http://"http://www.slugsoft.f2s.com/HardcoreHVCs.jpeg")here(/url)'s what the real Ishiman textures look like.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Slug (edited 08-17-2001).)

Brook: I'm sending you Slug's email. It doesn't really have a lot of information in it, just the timelines, so I guess it will be ok, (and you are on the AE team after all).

Slug: Quite nice, closer to NL's ships than my texture. Email them.

------------------

Originally posted by Count Altair El Alemein:
Brook: I'm sending you Slug's email. It doesn't really have a lot of information in it, just the timelines, so I guess it will be ok, (and you are on the AE team after all).

sigh NL wants this info kept under a lid, and I even refused yet you still had to spill the beans. He is not working on the plot and you better not do anything like this again.

**Slug: Quite nice, closer to NL's ships than my texture. Email them.

They are Nathan Lamont's ships. I'll email you a rough texture resembling it.

------------------

Ok, Slug, we're in this together.

(This message has been edited by Count Altair El Alemein (edited 08-18-2001).)

Don't worry so much. I won't tell anybody.

------------------

You won't? Damn! 😄

------------------
'Is that what I think it is?'
'What?'
'A big orange swirly thing in space!'

• Red Dwarf

Slug if you had told us that instead of just saying "No" we would both have respected NLs wishes.

(Post 101... Drat I must have posted 100 when I wasn't looking)

------------------

(This message has been edited by brookeview (edited 08-19-2001).)

Originally posted by brookeview:
**Slug if you had told us that instead of just saying "No" we would both have respected NLs wishes.

(Post 101... Drat I must have posted 100 when I wasn't looking)

I would have thought a simple "no" would have sufficed, but what's done is done.

As for Gaitori Ships, I'm working on the gunship now

------------------

It would have if we had known why you said it. I figured you were just too busy to do it at that time.

------------------

Actually I had a chat with Slug on GR about it, and I think (we) agreed that anyone doing the levels who was in the AE project, or in a position somehow related to the storyline, would get that email. I also need a more detailed one for some other things I have in mind... <cryptic wink>

------------------