StarLance: A brief introduction to the factions

no offence slug but the race you have on there "the recluse": Dont you think the use of an extremly powerful unknown race is kinda cliched. Its used in many TV shows and also in many of the ares plugs we have. Just look at marathon: invasion with the jjaro (or any marathon for that matter). Of course theres also the audemon, the elejeetian, and in CA's upcomming plug (better be upcomming! ;)) "the meson".

------------------
just take my post, and imagine everything is speeled right.

Originally posted by Pyro:
**Dont you think the use of an extremly powerful unknown race is kinda cliched. Its used in many TV shows and also in many of the ares plugs we have. Just look at marathon: invasion with the jjaro (or any marathon for that matter). Of course theres also the audemon, the elejeetian, and in CA's upcomming plug (better be upcomming!;) ) "the meson".

Only to the extent that "having the main character be a human being" is considered cliche.
It's all in the treatment. Even "Attack of the RoboZombies" can be made to rock (Terminator), and Star Wars can be made to suck (Episode 1, also probably the new one which is titled "Attack of the Clones" - no really, it is).

As for the Jjaro, hey, we have to have them in there. It's Marathon for crying out loud.

------------------
Formerly-Rampant Human-Coded AI

**no offence slug but the race you have on there "the recluse": Dont you think the use of an extremly powerful unknown race is kinda cliched. Its used in many TV shows and also in many of the ares plugs we have. Just look at marathon: invasion with the jjaro (or any marathon for that matter). Of course theres also the audemon, the elejeetian, and in CA's upcomming plug (better be upcomming!;) ) "the meson".

The Meson are only about the 7th or 8th powerful race in my plug. And when you get to the top, there are about 5 races that have almost the same level of ship ability.

**no offence slug but the race you have on there "the recluse": Dont you think the use of an extremly powerful unknown race is kinda cliched....

You can't really say that untill you learn more about them in StarLance. 🙂

------------------
Time is the best teacher, yet it kills all of it's students.

CA and Darkk: Your karma's fixed.

------------------

I still think you should persevere with Starlance on the Ares platform Slug, even if there is going to be alot of difficulty doing so. I know there won't be many people to play the Ares version of SETR, but I'm still going to make it (ack, maybe I am an idiot).

Thanks for the karma Laguna! This is very motivating to finish SETR!