"Broken" save file

Tells me to register even though I have!

Hey people.

I have had the Windows version for what seems like forever. Started replaying it a few days ago.

But, now when I load my one and only save file, it says something about "you cannot explore this area without registering, do you want to register?" and it says tell me more or no. Either choice brings me to the title screen, so my save file is unusable. But I don't want to start over!

What do I do? Am I screwed?

This post has been edited by Glurph : 23 June 2008 - 05:29 PM

Hi Glurph, welcome to the boards.

You can use the online recovery system: Lost Codes or you can send an email to: lostcodes@ambrosiasw.com

Include the details of when and how you made your purchase if you can.

Hello!

That is not the problem. I have entered my registration code. The game is fully registered. I walked far in the game, past the Gwyden camp. I had saved and reloaded many times, and it worked fine.

Then, I reload my save file as usual. And it says that I need to register in order to explore the area, and it gives me two option - do not register, or tell me more. So I can't load my save file, because it just brings me back to the main menu - or an advert on how good the full game is.

But the game IS registered! I have even deleted the "registration" application.

@glurph, on Jun 24 2008, 11:41 AM, said in "Broken" save file:

But the game IS registered! I have even deleted the "registration" application.

That may be your problem. The registration info is stored in the registration app. if I recall correctly. I suggest you do the following:

1. Download a new "demo" version.
  2. Take just the registration application and move it to your PoG folder. Throw the rest of the download away.
  3. Contact "lost codes" and get an up-dated registration number.
  4. Enter your "new" registration number.
  5. Proceed with your game.

I, for one, am interested in where and how Glurph got his registration code. I've still got a Windows machine, I can still play it, just not very far into the story...

@glurph, on Jun 23 2008, 06:28 PM, said in "Broken" save file:

I have had the Windows version for what seems like forever. Started replaying it a few days ago.

I take it he registered a long time ago.

Ah, I must have gleaned over that time reference. 😉

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 30 June 2008 - 04:36 PM