My plug-in: Total Annihilation

I making a plug-in called Total Annihilation. Here's the plot as of now, give me your opinion, comments etc.

Prologue
Long before mankind landed on Mars, before the Ishiman, Elejeetian or even the mighty Salrilians visited another system, there were the Oblitgeron. A powerful race from the other side if the galaxy, bent on total annihilation of all other sentient beings in the galaxy.
In 2015 Earth time the Cantharans, Salrilians, Audemedons and Gaitori decided to declare war on the rest of the galaxy. In 2016 the Ishimans sent the Humans a message, the Humans built their first interstellar ship (the Apollo) to find the source of the transmission. It was slow however and when they reached Ishima Earth had been taken. The Humans would not accept this however and the Ishiman gave them the technology to fight back, they were successful.
In the mist of all this the Oblitgerons sent scouts to our sector of the galaxy, the scouts went unnoticed due to the war. The Oblitgerons decided to wait until after the war to attack, when their pray would be wounded.

Part 1
With the recapture of Earth and the defeat of the Cantharans the new Alliance was born, a new protection for this part of the galaxy. With the Cantharan threat behind them the Alliance began designing a new ship to explore the rest of the galaxy. Knowing there would be unknown danger they designed a more powerful ship than anything before. It would also have new breakthrough in gate technology, a hypergate generator. With it you could travel from one side of the galaxy to the other in a few days instead of years.
The new ship would be called, the Battlestar Galactica. The remaining Salrilians learned of the new design, and with the help of their stealth device stole a copy of the plans. It is now a race to finish the Battlestar first, and there is no prize for last place.

The missions in part 1 will be mostly “destroy the enemy fleet” or “get this component (sometimes from an enemy transport)” or “protect the unfinished Galactica” or sometimes “destroy enemy transport carrying this component”. In the end both Battlestars get built. There is a big battle at Ishima as the last mission of part 1 that is interrupted by the Oblitgeron jumping in. The Alliance and the Salrilians team up against the Oblitgeron but the Salrilian Battlestar gets destroyed and both are forced to retreat (you may be saying “how is that mission hard if you retreat?” well just try staying alive that long!).

Part 2
Both the Alliance and Salrilians retreat to a hidden Ishiman base. An emergency meeting is called by the military leader of the Ishiman, General <nonameyet>.
It was found out that Salril, Audemedon and Ishima, where the first to be taken. Also the Oblitgerons activated a sector wide hypergate inhibiter. The Alliance (and the Salrilians) decided they will try to capture a Oblitgeron ship and use it to learn about them and they're technology. Although it would give them an advantage, it was still unlikely they would even come close to winning.

The missions in part 2 will be stuff like “destroy the enemy fleet of death” and “capture an Oblitgeron ship” and “protect planet while evacuating civilians” and in the last mission of part 2 you attempt to recapture Audemedon Prime, but are forced to retreat again.

I don't have the rest of the plot yet cuz I want your opinions first.

Battlestar Galactica? I hope you're also planning on plenty of glossy, clumsy Cylons.

Well... the Oblitgeron might have shiny outfits, but that as close as it gets to the show. 🙂

(This message has been edited by Bob (edited 02-07-2000).)

Mmmm. Might want a different name, your choice happens to match the name of a somewhat well-selling RTS game.

------------------
Pax - Drew Harry
sagitar@earthlink.net
(url="http://"http://www.axis.n3.net/")Ares Axis - axis.n3.net(/url)

"...they say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?" - Terminal 2, Where are monsters in dreams, Marathon Infinity

Oh, I didn't know that, maybe I should change the name.... Any ideas on what to call it?

(This message has been edited by Bob (edited 02-07-2000).)

YADBS (Yet Another Damn Big Ship) - the Battlestar. Perhaps a prototype of a ship smaller than a moon might be interesting? 😛

------------------
Replicant
www.axis.n3.net

Smaller? Well I was thinking maybe puting another smaller prototype ship in my plug. And the Battlestar will have prototype fighters.

------------------

How about something along the line of the Sun Crusher from the Star Wars Jedi Academy Trilogy? That would be smaller and still really powerful...

------------------

*** 8 Lightnings - Point at Confed Frigate and hit 'F' to destroy ***

Blah. Is Big/Powerful all you guys are interested in? Branch out some, I think some new, lower-level units would be alot more fun.

------------------
Pax - Drew Harry
sagitar@earthlink.net
(url="http://"http://www.axis.n3.net/")Ares Axis - axis.n3.net(/url)

"...they say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?" - Terminal 2, Where are monsters in dreams, Marathon Infinity

Like me-almost half of the new ships in my plug will be non-combat. I think this is a YAD H S (Yet another damn huge ship)

------------------
No, I'm not that cruel. I don't use the flamethrower on my
enemies. I save that for my
allies.
-caalaklael, the trigger
happy obiard

I'm also making a new ship called an interceptor, it will be like a beefed up fighter. I'm putting some net levels in the plug to, in one you will only be able to build fighters and interceptors, there will also be one that is all battle where you start with a big fleet but can't build anything. And I still need a new name for the plug.

------------------

If someone out there LIKES my plug could they respond please? I thought of some new net levels, in one you can only build cruisers and heavy cruisers, and one where you can only build gunships and HVDs, and one more where you can only build carriers and missile carriers (a new ship). And I need a volunteer to do graphics for the plug.

------------------

None shall post, none shall post...

------------------
No, I'm not that cruel. I don't use the flamethrower on my
enemies. I save that for my
allies.
-caalaklael, the trigger
happy obiard

Did I, Pallas Athene/caalaklael invoke an evil curse or something? Gods have been known to do that accidentally. Look-this post is 3/14, I would have invoked the curse over a month ago.

------------------
Once caalaklael, now Pallas Athene
---
Athena, daughter and favorite of Zeus, half sister of Ares, goddess of wisdom and war

Did I, Pallas Athene/caalaklael, invoke an evil curse or something? Gods have been known to do that accidentally. Look-this post is 3/14, I would have invoked the curse over a month ago.

------------------
---
Athena, daughter and favorite of Zeus, half sister of Ares, goddess of wisdom and war

The idea of a race that wants to destroy all other races is old hat. What I am looking for is something TRUELY alien...

-Walter-

------------------

The idea of a race that wants to destroy all other races is old hat. What I am looking for is something TRUELY alien...

-Walter-

------------------

I think I'll post this post twice! 🙂

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

If I ever create a single player mission, I'm not going to create too powerful of a race, and I'm not going to add just one. What is needed is the addition of a Adzgari/Zidagar/Igadzra kind of addition-not really distinctly different but the same general idea behind them all. (note that the strands were placed in order from best to worst)

------------------
---

Something TRULY alien....................

What if...

In a war long ago a advanced race creates the Destroyer, a 9 meter by 9 meter pod filled with a computer core and a mico-building system with the ability to adapt and one directive- "Destroy the Enemy".

Over time it evolves to face the threats it meets, until it is a giant, 12 kilomiter long death machine that is capable of making its own vessles and ground troops and waging wars against entire systems.

After taking over its own galaxy (including the race that made it), the Destructor procedes to the Milky way with its single directive- "Destroy the Enemy".

The Destructor takes no hostile actions, but a group of warships opens fire on the Destructor. It reacts with extreme force, destroying an entire planet.

It then follows its programming, "Destroy the Enemy"... and the Milky Way prepares to fight a timeless, unstoppable creation...

or

All life was started by a highly advanced race. One race, the Oataku, advances much to quickly due to their mental abilities. They realize who they are and what they are to become. They decide that it is not a problem and devote themselves to perfecting their empire.

The Progenators return to the Oataku and demand slaves to aid the Progenators in a far-off war. The Oataku thank the Projenators, but tell them that they do not want one Oataku warship leaving their space.

The Progenators answer that they dont care about the warships- they want slaves.

The Oataku fight a bitter war and all but one mighty starship is destroyed. Through a temporal anamoly the ship is hurled forward in time to the present, where they beg of the Alliance to aid them against the Progenators coming attack. The Alliance does not listen.

The Progenators attack.

Both involve some outside force trying to inflict mass carnage tho.

"Badges? We no neeed no steeenkin badges!"

------------------