Yet Another Plugin Announcement.

Pax - huh? Weapons fire does prevent you from entering hyperspace, if it scrambles your navigation. Try hyperspacing past the gateship in level 20 - you won't make it.

------------------
Replicant
www.axis.n3.net

Rescource collectors could work, but it wouldn't be in the way you're thinking of them. I don't think that you can make something give you rescources for collecting bits of asteroids, but I bet you could build astrominers and have THEM generate rescources just for being alive.

As for the hyperjump inhibitor, you could just make a ship with no mobility, and give it the weapon that the gateship has. That might be a little TOO good though....

------------------
In the next world war,
In a jack-knifed Juggernaut,
I am born again.

Maybe, but this is a little far-fetched, I could make it so that Astrominers convert energy to resources, and the portions gave a bonus. But that is, as I said, far-fetched. Since the Salrillian Omnicloak is generally out, any suggestions for a Salrillian construct?

------------------
No, I'm not that cruel. I don't use the flamethrower on my
enemies. I save that for my
allies.
-caalaklael, the trigger
happy obiard

Here's a possible way to get a 'tug'-like effect. Arm the tugging ships with a weapon that does no damage and pushes the target (kinda like the weapon used in the final level to guide meteors towards the gateship). The problem with this is to get the ships to guide your flak-droney things right (or at all), you'd probably actually have to pilot them yourself. I'd like to know if you can have weapons that add negative values to the targets velocity (i.e. 'pulls' them), if so you can also stop the flak-droney things without too much trouble after you got them where you want em. This'd also probably play heck with your opponent's fleet ("attack MY cruisers, will you!? I shall push your carrier away from combat! Take that!").

------------------
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for the Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.

-The Lord of the Rings

Hello, ideas for a salrillian construct? I don't think I just want to use the Salrillian battlestation (Although I would use the graphics)

------------------
No, I'm not that cruel. I don't use the flamethrower on my
enemies. I save that for my
allies.
-caalaklael, the trigger
happy obiard

Hell oo! Does anyone know this is still here? I specifically would like to get ideas for a Salrillian construct, but maybe other ideas in general too.

------------------
Once caalaklael, now
Pallas Athene
---
Athena, daughter and
favorite of Zeus, half
sister of Ares, goddess
of wisdom and

Never mind what I just said. Does anyone like this idea?
Small object, stationary
1 weapon-projects a circular space bolt rod around it. You could protect bunker stations this way, but does anyone think it too powerful?

------------------
Once caalaklael, now
Pallas Athene
---
Athena, daughter and
favorite of Zeus, half
sister of Ares, goddess
of wisdom and

A device that makes a circular T-Space bolt around your stations/ships no it would not be too powerful a device. (T-Space is too dangerous from the beginning, so a bit meaner weapon wouldn´t hurt).
Quite good idea I´d say.

Where would an omni-cloak be needed anyway when almost all of Sal ships have cloaks.

Salrilian devices:

1.The one Pallas Athene mentioned. And I mentioned above. ^

2.A ship depot, with which you can charge shields and energy. (Quite nasty)

3.A cloaked station 😄 .

4.A device which fires drones that take over ships. (really nasty, I´ve mentioned it in the New weapons section)

5.A a damn out of ideas, too hard I´ll need to think more. (I´ll come up with something).

Well back to the drawingboard

------------------
Strange just a moment ago I was flying through a dense asteroid field but now I feel quite cold And just what happened to my
H-Cruiser?!?

I've decided not to post pictures on the web board. But I have something better!

3DMFs!!!!!

Email me ( (url="http://"mailto:caalaklael@aol.com")mailto:caalaklael@aol.com(/url)caalaklael@aol.com

And please include your first name

------------------
Once caalaklael, now Pallas Athene
---
Athena, daughter and favorite of Zeus, half sister of Ares, goddess of wisdom and war

Noone wants to see them? Oh...

------------------
---
Athena, daughter and favorite of Zeus, half sister of Ares, goddess of wisdom and war

Fleet Admiral Darkk wrote:
**Oh, to transfer just use a localtalk network. Or if the computer in question is an iMac, a CD burner is a good investment. I would kill a Salrilian or several thousand for one.

So would I, I have an iMac DV (yes, I am bragging) and have set up an Appletalk ethernet connection between that and my old performa. Quite nice. But a burner would be better!

Pax wrote:
Mmmm. AFAIK, most of those mentioned ideas wouldn't work. I'm 90% sure you can't, for example, have an "area cloak" ship, have items "stored" in their own ships, and I'm pretty sure you can't have ships pull other ships out of hyper. As Grammaticus mentioned in the Hera Interview, remember to restrict yourself to stuff that you know has been done in the actual game, and make sure to think about HOW it's done. The hyperspace inhibitor was just a plot device, note that you could enter HS in that level. So while wild creativity is a good thing, don't lose site on what's been done before, and what CAN be done.

:rolleyes:
It is possible for there to be a ship that can pull other ships outta hyperspace. The Cantheren Gateship in levels 19 & 20 does that.
You know that pink, blob of stuff in your head, try using it once in a while.

------------------
In accepting the inevitable, one finds peace.
In denying it, one finds hope.

-Last words of Admiral Williams before the fall of Earth.

as for the Salrilian construct, that's kinda hard to say, as they seem to have everything.

hmmmm....
maybe some kind of subspace gate that hurls everything that touches it towards the enemy planet. 😄
That would be very usefull for suprise attacks on your opponent's planet.
(use a transport or something) 🙂

-Slug

------------------
In accepting the inevitable, one finds peace.
In denying it, one finds hope.

-Last words of Admiral Williams before the fall of Earth.

Here's what I've currently decided, freshly rejuvenated with the Hera Beta Manual:

The main new feature of the plug will be (suprisingly), the Cargo Hauler. It will fly around and drop construction platforms as their sppecial weapon, which will have the same settings as a planet, generally. These will be capable of constructing one of the following, then expiring:

Artillery Drone-a more destructible border drone
Power Station-you know 'em and you love 'em
Relay Station-emit tachyons rays to detect cloaked ships
Moor-a ship not in hyper can be captured to hold still
Special racial contruct:
-Ishiman and Cantharan Gateships-too large to be built in a dry dock
-Audemedon Systems Inhibitor-has the gateship inhibitor weapon (short range)
-Gaitori Habitat Station-produces resources of a planet
-Salrillian Omnicloak-Targets friendly ships and force-cloaks them
-Bazidanese Trading Post-Cargo haulers can land here to increase their and Bazidanese resources
-Eleejeetian Armory-Eleejetian ships can land here, and expire, creating a new, better equipped ship
-Obish Shipyard-Produces ships, no resources
^everything but the trading post is destructible^

Also,

Astrominers can destroy asteroids, and each of the smallest asteroid portions can be collected for an additional 3 resources.

Research ships can collide with EVATs and the bodies that fly out of ships when they die. They have detention cells (from the shoplifters) which you can drop to place the captives into. Each captured at the end of the level counts as an additional "kill."

There will be more highlight upon the combat ships than the last two ships, but less on than on the Cargo Hauler.

Interceptors are "cheap one-use gunships." They cost only 4 resources, but their weapons are all ammunnition based and they do not have much ammo. They can use hyperdrive.

Battleships will only be used by the Bazidanese and the Obiards, in place of carriers. Discounting speed and fighters, they are just carriers.

Corvettes are counterparts to HVDs. Their weapon systems lag somewhat, but their highly superior armor and equal handling negate this penalty. The generalized tactic for usage of corvettes will be to order HVDs to follow them. The corvette, in the front, will do a little damage, but take a lot more. However, the HVD following it can fire over the Corvette to do a lot of damage, and take little.

Dreadnoughts are the pinnacle of starship production (SB2), and their weapons systems far outrank that of any other available ships. They are giant capships, with worse handling than a carrier but a better hyperdrive. Take a look as some of the weapons intended for usage on dreadnoughts:
•Eleejetian warp inverter: targets warp flares and fires an instant kill at it.
•Salrillian TSpaceBolt and cloak too! That's gonna be fun.
•Human magneto turret and laser beam. Yes, beam.
•Gaitori flak turret and rapid atomic pulse. Gaits don't suck anymore.

------------------

A couple of ideas for multiplayer missions will be as follows:

Planetary Quadrants : Each planet is actually 4 planets- a NW, SW, NE, and a SE section, each capable of building ships, being a planetary defense, producing resources, or building a dreadnought. Each planet would have at least one each of resource producing and ship producing, but the other two would be random.

Steal the Bacon : Isn't it obvious?

Supremacy : One player has a large fleet ond no planets, the other player has a small (3-7 ships) fleet and 3-4 planets.

Space Race : One ship for each player; players do not have to race, but at the end of each lap, there is a powerup which expires your ship and upgrades it to a slower, more powerful one. The objective is still to kill your opponent.

CTF Revisited : Basically the same, but it is racially based. The flag is simply a transport with no cloak or weapons, and the objective is to land it on your planet. Players use four fighters and one cruiser.

Bigger is Better : The only producable ships are dreadnoughts, carriers, HVDs, corvettes, and transports. Resource production is increased to 2.500

So Close, Yet so Far : Planets start out 2 inches away from each other. You can only produce Defense Drones, fighters, and significantly slowed transports.

Duality : There are two planets, impossibly far away from each other. However, there is a jumpgate by both planets, and targeting it will make the ship "land" on the jumpgate and be transported directly to the other one. Note that the planets would not be "Trionic Alpha" and "Trionic Beta," they would be "Trionic Prime" and "Cyania Prime."

If anyone has any other ideas, please post.

------------------
---