State of Hera 01-20-2000

I'd love to beta test hera.

BTW, what exactly do you mean by "invisible grid"? Will specifications for this grid be in the documentation? Sorry to sound like a moron.

------------------
In the next world war,
In a jack-knifed Juggernaut,
I am born again.

I too am interested in beta testing Hera. Also, where is my Ambrosia CD and T-shirt? (as promised to me in the Kudos and critism page) Also, Andrew, I did not get to see you at the last Mac world in NY, rumor has it that the lady at the Green Dragon booth has a restraining order against you and captain Hector. Reportedly, the restraining order said something about you and Hector staying at least 3 gridz away... wierd

Walter
(aka Alex)

------------------

I got some sort of beta test newsletter. Does that mean I'm on the team? If so, where can I download Hera?

------------------
Commander-in-Chief of the Nijayias Interstellar Navy.

Walter wrote:
**I too am interested in beta testing Hera. Also, where is my Ambrosia CD and T-shirt? (as promised to me in the Kudos and critism page) Also, Andrew, I did not get to see you at the last Mac world in NY, rumor has it that the lady at the Green Dragon booth has a restraining order against you and captain Hector. Reportedly, the restraining order said something about you and Hector staying at least 3 gridz away... wierd

Actually, I didn't attend MacWorld/NY, so whomever the restraining order is against, it isn't me.

As for the t-shirt and CD, I assume David would take care of that (he wrote K&C; -- drop him a note at help@AmbrosiaSW.com

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

Great. Now I've made a complete fool of myself. Not only did I speculate on whether Hera would be 68k compliant (it was clearly stated above that it won't be), I also totally forgot that my school's computer lab is a total mess (yeah, what nice people we have on my school. Doing friendly things sabotaging computers and stealing mouseballs), which means that I wouldn't be able do download the beta-versions.

So, please don't consider me for beta-testing. I wouldn't be of much value. :redface:

------------------
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

I would like to beta-test Hera-I've already started rendering to add Obiards to the net races and have an idea to make the Eleejeetians a fair race.
(email to caalaklael@AOL.com)

Actualy, Elejeetians should be more powerful than auds. The cruisers are an indication.

------------------

Darkk, aud and elejeetan cruisers are itendicle except that the auds have holograms and are larger. All other stats are identicle.

BTW, Admiral Grammaticus, are there any chances of this being a PUBLIC BETA? Or, if not, could I PLEASE get on the team?

------------------
In the next world war,
In a jack-knifed Juggernaut,
I am born again.

They seemed more powerful in 17.
I don't think there is much chance of public beta.
Ambrosia has never done public betas to my knowledge.

------------------

I've loved Ambrosia since the very beginning, and in all my days, I have never seen them do a public beta of anything... Except the Harry editor, which is still in beta! (Notice it was an editor ;)) Dispite that fact, I am strongly in doubt that Hera will be a public beta. Sorry, Newt.

------------------
I come, I go; You'll never know...

-Admiral Dennis
(url="http://"mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com")mailto:admiraldennis@mac.com(/url)admiraldennis@mac.com

Darkk, I just wanted to make the Elejeetians fair , not less powerful. I only plan to tone them down enough to make it so that an Eleejeetian newbie doesn't defeat you in 45 seconds, OK?

------------------
No, I'm not that cruel. I don't use the flamethrower on my
enemies. I save that for my
allies.
-caalaklael, the trigger
happy obiard

By the way, I'm registered now-and I'm following in your footsteps-spamming like crazy.

------------------
allies.
-caalaklael, the trigger
happy obiard

Hey, I've done beta-testing in the past, including Pangea Software's Bugdom. Does this kind of high-level qualification give me any kind of advance towards Hera testing?

------------------

*** 8 Lightnings - Point at Confed Frigate and hit 'F' to destroy

Darkk, actually I made some calculations. It would take at least 96.4 seconds to defeat you.

------------------
allies.
-caalaklael, the trigger
happy obiard

caalaklael wrote:

**Darkk, actually I made some calculations. It would take at least 96.4 seconds to defeat you.

you must be crazy. When I play him, it turns into a staring match. After about 29 carriers, someone attacks. After the battle, he hyperbombs for a while. 😉

------------------
"Cap'n Hector Robbed The Bank!"

-Dash Riprock

-Starseeker Commlog

Unless I win. Remember the rematch we had after the first tourney? That was fun. Of course, now I do lose a little. Ok, so I do lose, but I am returning to full glory. <This post is just playful bragging>

------------------

(This message has been edited by Fleet Admiral Darkk (edited 01-31-2000).)

The problem is that with the Eleejeetian trend, the Eleejeetian carrier would be the equivalent of 29 carriers, and there wouldn't be enough defenses. You'd start out with 5 or so resources, wait 30 seconds for enough to build a carrier, then build a transport within the next 10 seconds. Attack simulataneosly, and you'd have just enough time (the 54.6 seconds left) to attack and bring your transport and carrier to the planet.

------------------
allies.
-caalaklael, the trigger
happy obiard

Is beta testing still open? If so, I would like to help test.

Though I'd love to do beta-testing on Hera, I realise that the 40+ applications already submitted are probably enough. So count me in if there's room.

More to the point, this invisible grid would be the same style as EV's, right? You fill in how many squares high and wide, and how big each one is, and the editor does the rest?
Maybe I'm thinking selfishly here, but that would work for me (I've got 30+ ships, all gridded up nicely on 6x6 grids).

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only