RPG facts and puzzling things about

Will do 🙂

RPG Council: This is basically me, Pharris and Darkk, though mostly pharris and darkk of late.

This is what we've planned so far, I think:

The 5 pieces of the Arcanis (does anyone have a prob with this name, it's easier than writing Founder's Bane), are scattered across the area, 3 are in possession of the Armadian, who have them trapped in a contained blackhole in their home system of Ahryain.

The other 2 pieces are on Luna, Strauss has the controll;ing piece, and Bob has o ne of the lesser pieces.

Soon, there will be revealed that the Jjarro sacrificed trapping all Wr'ckacnter for being able to leave a small number of Jjarro behind. This fact is evident as Lh'owons sun (now a blackhole) contains the last Wr'ckacnter in the universe.

These Jjarro know of the Armadian's insane longing for the Jjarro's return, and are aware of their mad plan to free their masters. They will go in to Ahryain, break open the containment field, and steal the 3 prisms (they do this because the Armadian cannot fire on Jjarro vessels, no matter what). At the same time, the Armadian will recapture Strauss' prism, but Durandal (who is cloaked nearby in subspace) will teleport bob to Lh'owon before they can take his. The Armadian will have Strauss' piece, and probably contain it another black hole while they get the others. Unfortunately, when the Jjarro disable the black hole containment field in Ahryain, the blackhole does it's job and sucks up Ahryain, destroying the memory files and alot of the history of the Armadian race. They will be mostly involved in repairing the damage this caused for the next chapter I feel.

I'm not sure what happens to Strauss, but Darkk will be loathe to lose this character, so what I said may be invalidated.

Races:

The Armadian: The Armadian were the servants of the Jjarro, starting with the construction of the Manus Celer Dei, and ending with the Jjarro's departure from the universe, they were essentially the soldiers. They are intelligent, but this is betrayed by their fanatical belief in saving the Jjarro. They do not have a collective consciousness, but they're minds and bodies are warped in (no reproduction :frown:) with, semi-machine/organic material, that can communicate using electronics, not thoughts. They have no shields, and no armour. If they feel threatened, they warp into subspace, or Alter the surrounding physics to make their ships survive the attack. They can attack from subspace, but only using missiles. If they do not use Alter, the use a rather large beam which cuts through any physical matter, but is reflected off shields. The range of their Alter device is about 1000 square kilometres, so it is possible for an enemy to bombard them without being affected if they are very far away. In terms of speed, Armadian ships can use alter to move as fast as they like. There is a way to disable Alter on an Armadian ship, using a Jjarro space-time strengthening device. This also affects their ability to move in and out of subspace. Any Jjarro built vessel is totally safe from the Armadian, as they would find it morally impossible to engage it in combat.

Meson: The Meson are a group of 8 species that joined together a very long time ago for a stronger alliance in their area. They are extremely old, almost as old as the Armadian, and share a singular consciousness.

The Meson do not have subspace tech, but they have advanced cloaking (can fire through cloaking) and use etheric weapons, tachyon beams and particle beams. Incidentally, particle beams fire through shields (unless they're hard shields). They have good shields, but probably not Argosian standard; they're more offensively orientated.

ESF and Union ships are way weaker than the basically anything in the RPG... the Naarad are an advanced race that have almost no shields and rely on swarm tactics. They are overwhelmingly offensively orientated.

The Jaddriack are about as defensively orientated as the Argosians, but no EMP and not as advanced.

The Technon, should they ever be included, are an AI created by the Jjarro, very much like Thoth. They worked together with the Armadian to discover the pieces and hide them, but secretly hid the last 2 pieces. They are very Jjarro but are not insane like the Armadian. There ships are all fighters, have no shields, and no defenses whatsoever. They rely on numbers, and weaponry.

I'm not sure about the Manus Celer Dei or the Jjarro figures. All Jjarro ships can be considered inviolable for the time being.

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

(This message has been edited by Joveia (edited 10-02-2001).)

Heh. Jeez, to think we argued over something this big over a simple misunderstanding...

Okay, this has been drilled into my brain: The Armadians are god-like.
I hope this has been drillled into your brain: The Argosians are advanced, but puny.

What I had posted happenning earlier on was what you can expect to happen to a trio of Cantharan gunships, to put things into perspective, okay? 🙂

------------------
Time is the best teacher, yet it kills all of it's students.

Ok, let's forgive and forget 🙂

------------------

Not that it isn't cool that Slug was paying attention and all, but I just wanted to make clear that the pathetic lifeforms that Durandal spoke of were just part of a metaphor. They could have been any tiny, pathetic, nonsentient lifeform that does nothing but sit there. I just wanted to imply that the things trapped inside Arcanis are so hateful that they wish horror on even the simplest life forms.

------------------
NEW NAME FOR THE DREADNOUGHT
The Hard-Boiled Egg
Why?
Because she cant be beaten!

My impression from reading the Marathon Story page was that the W'rckacnter were not so much of a lifeform, but a chaotic 'force' at work in the galaxy. So it's not really hate, but a natural offset of their existence - that they contaminate surrounding areas with chaos. Since all species hate chaos, this makes them seem evil, but they aren't really.

Pharris, am I right in thinking that Strauss has the greater piece taken from him by Bob? Get on GR please.

------------------

Humans/Pythia

It seems rather strange that a species as advanced as the Jjaro could not prevent the extinction of a favored client race, especially given that human cloning is now only a matter of "when", and cloning can be done with at least a little success (most of the time defects appear, but not always).

Ergo, something not in the genome AND non-recreatable made them the Pythia. I've decided it was some sort of racial consciousness, psychic or otherwise. Unable to recreate it, the Jjaro left representatives of a less-evolved form of the Pythia on two remote planets and hoped they would re-evolve.

One was Argos, one was Earth. Humans have been on Earth a lot longer than we think, but tragic setbacks of our own making have held us down (technologically and evolutionarily).

It's as good an explanation as any 😉

------------------
Formerly-Rampant Human-Coded AI

I will not be frequently these boards as much as I used to, which means my role in the RPG should be suitably diminished. My apologies to those affected. For very long times away, I give permission to others to use my races (ESF, Armadian, Naarad, Meson) as much as they wish to within the appropriate personality bounds I set for them.

------------------

So... I'm as much in the dark as anyone here now that my visits from Pharris and Darkk have stopped and the holidays have ended...

People, what's happening? Or more accurately, what is about to happen?

The ESF is pretty much responding from now on to events in the galactic situation.. don't expect to see the Armadians for a long time now, and I'd like Pharris to use his Dulles/Pharris character.

------------------