Note to Slug

Originally posted by Slug:
**Sargatanus says: The StarLance-Class dreadnoughts were immune to practically all attacks, but some of his ships managed to destroy them in the first few shots.

I did not say that. I had a radical plan of bouncing around your disruptor shots which got reflected by percision timing and hit the cheap StarLance clones. I assume that the strength of the disruptor cannons is fairly constant from ship to ship, but when it comes to armor and other defensive qualities, some universes may have cut corners a little. (and my plan of bouncing around shots isn't any more outlandish than neutron star armor or chronokinetic cannons.)

And maybe the fleet decided to pick a few targets and pound them rather than firing at random dreadnought. This, when combined with some heavier firepower could take a few of the StarLance clones out quickly.

And BTW, we cannot ruin your universe unless we a) hack into your computer for the sole purpose of changing the data in your StarLance files, or 🆒 somehow hack into your head and change your memories and thought patterns. Your universe is under your control alone. We can make assumptions and speculations, but they don't mean ****. The only thing you would gain by scrapping it would be a whole lot of bitterness from us.

------------------
Throughout their history these "unenlightened" beings have continually opposed and fought abuses of power wrought by their own bretheren. We, as the prophets would do well to learn from these Humans.
-Final statement of the Salrilian reformist Sirthis shortly before his execution.

I take that back. I was in a very bad mood when I posted that, Sargatanus. I'm sorry.

You had huge ships with firepower that actually counted against the dreadnauts. And I must have skipped over and misinterpreted that part about you bouncing the disruptor blasts. Heh, I shoulda read more closely. I recall that, but the rest stands.

This topic will only make people angry so I'm closing it.

Your friendly tyrant,
Slug

------------------
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
-Alduran Outlaw Rick Blazer
StarLance