Story of the Stolen Sword

Cicion is a blur running silently out of the exit that Sargatanus and Angel went out. He jumps and lands in a crouch behind a rock. He peeks up and only sees Sargatanus. He cannot see, smell, or hear Angel. His cheek slits open, and his sensing tendrils extract. #He's here#, Cicion thinks. #I can feel him.# Cicion stands up. What's going on, Sargatanus? Why is Angel masking his presence, andeyes narrow, why are you holding that sword? He puts on a burst of speed and runs at Sargatanus, who believes he is being attacked and drops into a defensive stance with his sword at the ready. Instead, Cicion ducks and grabs the sword by the flat areas. He runs a little farther and thrusts the sword into the ground.

------------------
Commander Cicion, commander of Phylydion Primary Armada

"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo

Sargatanus hold the sword with a deathgrip and swats the phylydion away
"This chapter is over." He says somberly as he turns towards the Epyon and holsters the sword in his back. "Let's just put it bihind us."

Agitated and confused, Cicion marches at Sargatanus "Waut a minute! What the hell just happened in there? I dragged myself all the way from the bar to this bit of dirt and I demand answers!"

Sargatanus whirls around with his familiar grin "A difference in opinion. And that's all you need to know. What occured, and what was said between Sundered Angel and myself was for us only." With one lightning quick bound Sargatanus boards the Epyon and shoots off, leaving Cicion cursing and kicking sand.

*Back aboard the Fray Rawc hovers over the stricken Duploi. Monitors read serious but stable. A crackle comes over the radio, it's source point is the Epyon : "Will she be alright?"

"She'll be out for a few days, but I wager she'll be alright. But d'ya mind tellin' me what went on down there? What is so important about yer claymore?"

A pause "Jane knows. If she feels that you should know she will tell you." The transmition end and Sargatanus speeds off for Salrilian space.

Sundered Angel floats aimlessly in quiet contemplation. His thoughts turn to Jane. Suddenly a shocking thought occurs to him. "Or maybe..."

(I see this as a good place to stop. I also think it would be a good idea to move it to the chronicles section.)

------------------
Throughout their history these "unenlightened" beings have continually opposed and fought abuses of power wrought by their own bretheren. We, as the prophets would do well to learn from these Humans.
-Final statement of the Salrilian reformist Sirthis shortly before his execution.

(This message has been edited by Sargatanus (edited 05-02-2000).)

Cicion doesn't waste a second cursing or kicking sand. He smiles to himself. The beacon on Sargatanus's fighter has already started working. Flare, decloak and bring me up. The ship decloaks and Cicion is teleported aboard. You are not getting away, Sargatanus. Pursue him! The Flare executes a 180-degree turn in point five seconds. Its engines flare up and propel it forward like a bullet from a gun, after the fighter(Which, I noticed, is named afetr a certain giant robotic suit on a certain japanese-animated show.) Sargatanus notices the Flare following him and opens his throttle a little more. The Epyon pulls ahead. "Sir, we can't keep up with him at sublight!" Then open an Omni-space bubble. The Flare enters Omni-space partially and follows the fighter closely. The Flare cloaks again. Open a channel! "Aye, sir!" Sargatanus, I am following you and there is nothing you can do to evade me, even if you have already destroyed the beacon. I want to know about this and I will follow you to Salril itself to find out.
(Sargatanus: My previous post was an attempt to get me into the story. It seems you refused it. Do NOT say that "The Epyon suddenly disappears, blah, blah", I want to be involved. You cannot get me off your tail, so tell me something.)

------------------
Commander Cicion, commander of Phylydion Primary Armada

"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo

(This message has been edited by Commander Cicion (edited 05-02-2000).)

((Cicion, the story is at an end, but I'll wrap up Cicion with a little interesting tidbit, since you have been involved))

Sundered Angel steps from the shadows on the Flare's bridge, in person, and smiles. The crewmen, unnerved, make no movements towards him.

You'll get no answers from Sargantanus, I'm afraid Cicion. You saw him in the pyramid- That's just the first sign.

When Cicion makes no reply, Sundered Angel continues.

You are quite intelligent, Cicion. You will see other signs, I believe. And soon you will understand... Nevermind. The sword will take care of itself. It is prophesised to be wielded to save or destroy the universe, and it will. But that is out of your hands, and possibly mine as well.

You shall not have come all this way for nothing. I have a task for you, if you choose to take it. Watch over Jane for me. Keep her safe. Since she spends a lot of time in your bar, it shouldn't be to difficult. And I will not be ungrateful.

A small bar of Iridium makes its appearance from somewhere in Sundered Angel's person, and is placed on a nearby surface.

Jane is important, Cicion. The sword is not. I suggest you head back to the bar. I'm sure it is in chaos without you. I have one last thing to do. . .

And he is gone, dissapearing as mysteriously as he had come.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

((OK everyone, that wraps up this thread. If anyone would consent to collating all the info and making it into a Chronicles submission, that would be great. Create a new topic if you want to, 'cos I'm closing this up now))

(This message has been edited by Sundered Angel (edited 05-03-2000).)