weapon combinations

Well, here's my first post on the new board.

What is the best combination of weapons for the different ship types? Here's what I think:

fighter: neewo beam

cruiser: main: magneto pulse
secondary: pk beam

hvy. cruiser: main and secondary: same as cruiser
special: cruise missles

gunship: main: fullerene pulse
secondary: laser turret

HVD: main: magneto pulse
secondary: lepton beam
special: cruise missles

Carrier: main: magneto pulse
secondary: laser turret
special: Well, um... let's see...

------------------
Commander Cicion, commander of Audemedon 6th fleet

"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo

Actually, I kinda like the idea of an Onas turret on the HVD.

May God have mercy on us all if HVD's get Onas Turrets.

------------------
---
Pax
sagitar@earthlink.net

" They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?" - Terminal 2, Where are monsters in dreams, Marathon Infinity

I didn't know there was such a thing. Or are you making up weapons? I was talking about weapons that already exist.

The Onas turret can be found on stations (level 17), and would be a nice touch if you had them on your HVD's. If not, than just the standard Onas pulse gun would still pack some destructive power.

------------------
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun"

I plan to have an Onas turret on a gateship. BTW, neewo beams are only on Elejeetian CRUISERS.

------------------
We will trade and collect your skulls.

I KNOW that. I am mixing weapons around, in case you didn't notice.

By the way, congratulations on your promotion.

Thank you.
I wasn't really a Salrilian Admiral, I'm a Nijayias Admiral. I used my telepathic hypnosis training to take the place of a Salrilian Admiral who had the exact same name. It was hard, considering that we look almost exactly like Humans (heh heh, wonder why..) and they, well, don't. After I got back I used my newfound knowledge of their methods to win several crucial victories.
Then I got my promotion. 🙂

<Look for the Nijayias, and me, in my upcoming Ares Plug Ares:Expedition>

------------------
Commander-in-Chief of the Nijayias Interstellar Navy.

I did it myself because:
"Never send a subordinate you don't trust to do a job you don't fear."
Emperor Ononan
An old Nijayias proverb.

------------------

Man, the slugs must be pretty desperate; they put ME in charge of the armada, and I'm just an experiment in human genetics and new Audemedon bionics that happened to have a knack for three-dimensional tactical naval command. Damn, have I got some big shoes to fill!

BTW, was it you or your salrilian counterpart that launched the attack on the Elejeetians?

One more thing: Hey S.O.D., have you even reached level 17? 'Cause from the looks of it you have no clue what you're talking about.

------------------
"They're everywhere!"- hapless victim #203948

We both did. I launched the second, as he had mysteriously dissapeared by then.
Would you like to purchase a freeze-dried salrilian eye? Only 50 credits!

------------------

No thanks, already have a few: I got a bit upset when one of my more incompetant captains lost a carrier to an elejeetian cruiser; not even the oracular net can figure that one out!

------------------

(This message has been edited by Admiral Sargatanus (edited 01-24-2000).)

You Salrilian Sargatanus? There is a state of war between my people and the Sals.
Hey, you shouldn't have been so hard on that captain. I lost a battlecruiser early to one. We were kinda fighting by mistake, but that's another story.
I think both cruisers were flown by humans. They have superb piloting skills. Wonder where they got it from (eh eh eh eh eh).
And Eleejetian cruisers are like Ishiman HVDs except smaller and more manuverable. And lots of Sal carriers were wasted by Ish HVDs.
Don't knock the Eleejtians like that, they have impressive ships.

------------------

Well I'm not Salrilian, but I am currently in charge of a large portion of their fleet. I'll explain: you remember those humans in the simlabs (level 11)? Well, I was in a similar situation about 4.3 Earth years before this whole human/Isiman fiasco. The reason is that compared to Salrilians (or any species except Cantharan for that matter) humans have amazing dexterity, high spontaneity, intense curiosity, and geometric tactical thinking (which is FAR superior to Cantharan as you well know) which made them of great interest and value to the Sals. The only problems are that by and large, humans tend to be quite stubborn and are very delicate physically.

So the Sals did some experiments:

First was good old genetic engineering to see just what these humans were truly capable of. After concluding the genetic experiments is was decided that they were still lacking physically.

Then came the Audemedon bionics. Although perfectly compatible with the body, the implatns/augmentations did not communicate well at all with the nervous system. Thus the brain would have to be slightly altered.

Finally after five years of research, a device was invented that served as both a biological/Q-digital translater, and a quantum processor (the same system type used in the Oracular Net). Thus the Salrilians had perfected the human (or come very close to it). The quantum processor had the unexpected yet delightful result of allowing the human to work out nearly every solution to a problem in 10^-12 seconds. This, plus the humans superb natural piloting and tactical abilities made them the ultimate pilot/battle commander.

Unfortunately, the perfect human was ridiculously expensive and the project was abandoned having only produced four units. One was destroyed in an Ishiman hit-and-run on a battle station, two are missing and presumed destroyed, and then there's me.

Well the slugs, being hard pressed for a good fleet Admiral of their own kind, appointed me, insisting that if I don't spread their enlightenment far enough, it is only a temporary position. And after seeing the atrocities commited to countless pre-stellar species, I plan to bring their downfall in the hardest-hitting, most humiliating way possible. But until then, I might as well have some fun.

{I might make a plug-in based on this, but I doubt it}.

------------------

Interesting. Most interesting. The Salrillians really have been busy. I only hope you don't join their imminent fall from grace...

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Salrilian Scum!!!!! Conducting expiriments on helpless humans! They deserve to fall from their existing state of power!!!! Yet it did help us on some victories. 🙂 (hehe) 😉

------------------
HotSpice(better known as Avenger on GR)

Read about how I totaly humiliated the Sals in "'Life Stories' of AWB members"!
That was hilarious. But hey, we make just as good commanders as enhanced humans. I know what happened to the other 2, by the way. They were captured in the 16th Great Salrilian-Nijayias War, which is currently technicaly still going on, but no major engagements have occured for a few years as a truce is being negotiated.
The first war with the Salrilians occured because they tried to prove we don't have our powers. That is a supreme insult, and obviously false, as the "researcher"'s tortured subject used those powers to rip them in half. The fact that the subject they kidnaped was related to the Emperor required full-scaler retaliation on the one responsable - the Oracular Net. The Salrilians refused to allow the punishment, blew up one of our colonies for suggestin it, and we were at war. We destroyed vast numbers of quantum procesers and vast sections of their fleet until the Salrilians sued for peace. Every war since then has been an attempted revenge for our revenge. We also freed quite a few victems of the Sals during those wars, as well as damaging the oracular network.

------------------

The Salrilians are responsible for the pain and death of MANY humans, therefore I believe they shall be punished in every way possible! We should fight the Salrilians with all we have, even though we have inferior technology and a smaller fleet. I believe we can win if we have the bravery of our ancestors, the ones to go out in space in the rechristened ship Ares. Forgot what the first name was. :frown:

------------------
HotSpice(better known as Avenger on GR)

Apollo 2200.

------------------
Commander Cicion, commander of Audemedon 6th fleet

"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo