Mac Converter for new OSX Mavericks

David Arthur created an awesome converter of .rez to mac compatible plug-in files for older Mac OS (6.8 and below), but now, PPC apps are no longer supported due to a switch from PPC to intel. Any way the mac converter can be updated??

OR Does anyone have a mac version of the "Shivas Bow" cheat?

I'm revisiting some old games I used to love - and still love - to play and I remember having a lot of fun with that plug-in, but I no longer have a mac version and I am finding it impossible to convert since no other converter exists.

Thank you!

David Arthur Also made a sweet swiss army knife of a utility called Mission Computer. You can open windows plugins in it and save them as Mac. Works perfectly. Also, I'm using it in Yosemite, so no worries. It runs in Mavericks just as well.

@geek, on 07 December 2014 - 03:48 PM, said in Mac Converter for new OSX Mavericks:

David Arthur Also made a sweet swiss army knife of a utility called Mission Computer. You can open windows plugins in it and save them as Mac. Works perfectly. Also, I'm using it in Yosemite, so no worries. It runs in Mavericks just as well.

Well I feel silly - now that you mention it, seems obvious! Thanks for the tip.

Welcome to the Nova Boards. It's always good to hear from another person that still comes back to play EV because of the nostalgia trip.

Hell, I could give you the original. I wrote it. I have in .rez, but I can convert it.

So... funny thing... I opened Mission Computer the other day and all worked fine for me.. until I clicked on one of the obscure resources often left alone. I believe it was ditl or something like that. Mission Computer crashed.

I reopened mission computer and went to the same section and it crashed again. I did this maybe 2 more times and then mission computer simply refused to load.

I deleted Mission Computer and then reinstalled it from David Arthur's site (linked above) and Mission Computer crashed upon me trying to start it. What's going on here? I'm not even trying to open a plugin and it's crashing before it even loads a window. I've never really had problems with Mission Computer before and I've used it a LOT.

Of note: I'm running Mavericks.

I really thought I had used Mission Computer several times in the past in Mavericks without a problem.. not sure why it's having a problem now and how wiping it and reinstalling isn't solving the problem.

Did you also nuke any associated preference files? (at least one would probably be "net DOT ev-nova DOT missioncomputer DOT plist", appropriate punctuation in place of the words in caps, don't know if there are any others.) These newer systems apparently like to hide your Library folder, and you have to command-line your way there via the "Go to folder..." or "go to..."(not sure what it'll be on your system) menu commands. If you've already known and done all this, apologies for the underestimation.

To put what ScratSkinner said another way, go to ~/Library/Preferences/Mission Computer and delete any files in there. You should find only the file you were trying to edit. Mission Computer keeps a log of what was open in that folder so if it crashes it can try and reopen those files for you upon reboot. Unfortunately, if said file is the reason MC crashed in the first place, this causes it to not open as the file continues to crash. Deleting the files in that folder will allow MC to start up again.

As for certain resources causing MC to crash when you try to edit it, I've had this same issue a few times myself. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it as I can get the resources that cause the issue to open if I keep trying. This will sound like superstition, but if you open a different resource type and then go back to the one that caused the crash, sometimes it will open instead of crashing. If that doesn't work, try opening another resource of the same type instead of the one that caused the crash. In your case where clicking on a specific resource type in the sidebar causes the crash, click on a different type first, then go back to the one you want. Again, this feels like suppression, but it works for me and I'm not certain why.

I know this is a super late reply, but this didn't fix the problem for me unfortunately.

I've been trying to use AbsoluteMinimum.rez to play around with my own make shift tc stuff for fun. Mission Computer still crashes every single time I click on the cicn section (with Absolute Minimum). This happens in both the .rez file and the converted file to a "mac plugin" file. Interesting how I can open the cicn section of the nova core files, but I can't open the cicn section in the plugin?

I don't know if it crashes from the cicn section from other plugins (that utilize that section).

I guess I'll just try to remember to not click on the cicn section..?