Maze

(dis?)proof of concept

I came up with an idea for creating a maze in EV Nova, and set about implementing it. Well, the result is pretty much how I envisioned it, and it almost works, but there are some issues. I have a reasonably good idea why certain walls can be flown through from certain angles, and I may attempt to create a more robust version at a later date.

For now, however, I simply present my concept in all its not-quite-working-correctly glory. For use with any scenario that has a sÿst 128 (preferably with a spöb in it, preferably without any shïps that will attack the player). Just start the new Maze Runner chär and have a look.

MazeBeta.zip (approximately 1MB).

Note that this implementation is rather heavy on resource usage.

When I saw the title I figured that you would be using systems for your maze, which quite frankly I'd imagine would work better.

Mazes are much too easy from a top-down perspective. While it probably would work better, it wouldn't be as challenging as the way it works now.

@darthkev, on 22 February 2011 - 06:30 PM, said in Maze:

Mazes are much too easy from a top-down perspective. While it probably would work better, it wouldn't be as challenging as the way it works now.

Touche, but only if you can see the entire map from the beginning. Plus, using systems, it's easier to place obstacles such as deadly spobs, enemies, minefields, etc.