Problems with a secondary weapon

How to make a custom torpedo launcher that uses fuel as ammo?

I'm having trouble working on a seemingly simple part of a hopefully much larger plug in in the future, and couldn't think of a better place to turn to for help.

The problem is that I'm trying to create a custom secondary weapon outfit that acts as a torpedo launcher (very similar to a polaron torpedo) but that uses fuel burn as ammo. I have the weap and outf resources already made and I can buy the outfit, but I can't select the weapon in-game and thus can't fire it.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong with this one, I've already made a fixed beam weapon outfit that works perfectly, but I just can't seem to get this secondary to work. If any gurus have any ideas of what to do to help me fix this I'd much appreciate it!

This is going to sound like a dumb question, but did you set the weapon to be a secondary weapon? If so did you double check the outfit points to the right weapon resource? I can't think of anything else that would prevent you from firing the weapon or even selecting it in the secondary list.

If you have done both of those, could you maybe share a copy of your plug-in? It would be easier to figure out what's wrong if we could look at it directly.

I'm pretty sure the outfit is linked to the right weapon resource, and I know that the weapon is set as a secondary, but I'll upload the plug in the next day or two for more experienced eyes to look over.

In the meantime, I have one other problem that could keep me busy until I can figure out how to fix the secondary issue, I'm wondering how to create a turreted beam weapon that fires in pulses, not a continuous beam. If its possible to make it a point defense weapon and a regular weapon at the same time, that would be awesome!

Edit: Correction, I fixed the secondary weapon and now the most pressing issue is how to make this point defense beam work.

This post has been edited by ShaneSerris : 22 January 2011 - 06:35 AM

Alright, this thread should probably be locked down since I've solved the problem I created it for, and I've also started a new thread to help with other technical issues I might encounter in the vast time-consuming labrynth that is plug-in development.

I encourage everyone who might be interested to check out my new Kestrel Shipyards topic and leave their thoughts and opinions there so I can get an idea of where to go from here, and change anything that might need to be changed before any of the serious work gets done.