New Govt Ships Don't Attack Enemies

This is a problem that I'm having with the same plug I had the crashing problem with. I set some dude resources so that every once in a while, a Fed will jump into the new governments system, the Feds are the new governments enemies, and they don't attack each other! Another problem I'm having is that I set a pers resource in the same system, and it never shows up! Can anyone help with either of these?

The problem with the përs is an easy one. It will never show up, no matter what you do, till you start a new pilot. The way përs ships work is, when making a new pilot, EVN looks at its files and plug-ins for përs ship to add with the new pilot. This way, when a përs ship dies (unless it's set to come back) it stays dead.

As for the Feds and your new gövt not attacking each other, there are a few reasons. One could be the maximum combat odds (how weak an enemy force has to be before they will attack it) set for your new gövt are too low for the strengths set for the Fed ships. As for the Feds not attacking the new gövt, it's also possible the strengths of the new ships (assuming they're using new ships) are too high for the Feds' combat odds. I believe this cause to be the most likely for the moment.

I just now checked the maximum combat odds, and the Feds accept 2:1, while my new government accepts 3:1. Usually there are three or four ships of my new government and one Federation ship, so I don't think that's the problem. Also, I created a new pilot file, and the pers didn't show up.

This post has been edited by Spartan Jai : 29 July 2010 - 09:11 PM

I had just noticed while sifting through Nova government data that in the enemies fields it had numbers like 9, 2, and small numbers like that, while the actual resource number is a number like 128, or 214. And I think I know why I can't get them to fight. I was entering resource numbers instead of classes.

P.S. Let me know if I'm totally wrong.

This actually worked and now the new government is creaming the Federal ships that come snooping around... 😛

That could be it, and it's worth a try. Though I don't remember EVN only accepting class numbers for gövt ally/enemy fields. Then again, it makes sense since there's no way to tell EVN if the number entered is a class or a resource ID. You're probably right on this one.

Regarding the përs not showing up, did you set the përs to show up through the përs resource itself or through the sÿst resource? If through the përs resource, then it'll use the normal odds to show up, which are very low. If set through the sÿst resource, you could then have the përs show up more often.

For the pers resource, I set it to show up through the syst resource, and it is set for 100%.

QUOTE (DarthKev @ Jul 29 2010, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Though I don't remember EVN only accepting class numbers for gövt ally/enemy fields. Then again, it makes sense since there's no way to tell EVN if the number entered is a class or a resource ID. You're probably right on this one.

Yes, in the EV Nova engine, the values for the gövt resource's Ally and Enemy fields must be class numbers.

It was the first two games that expected direct resource ID numbers; this was simpler, since classes have no concrete existence of their own, but substantially less versatile.

So does anyone have any ideas on the pers resource?

Can you share the settings related to appearance that appear in your përs resource?

Could you maybe post a screenshot of your përs resource? I suppose just posting the values might be okay, but it's much easier to sort through in the format MC displays it in.

** Edit:** Posting + watching TV = getting ninja'd.

This post has been edited by DarthKev : 30 July 2010 - 10:21 PM

Not knowing how to take screenshots (isn't that pathetic?), I'm just going to have to post the values.

Ship type: 168 (Custom: Striker)
Weapon Types: 230 (Hellhounds), 245 (Custom: Beam), 201 (Custom: Beam), 145 (Wrathii)
Weapon Count: 2 Hellhound Launchers 100 Missiles, 1 beam 0, 1 beam 0, 2 Wrathii Cannons 150 ammo.
Strength 200%
Has escape pod/afterburner Yes starts with no fuel No.
AI type 3-warship
Agression- Close Range
retreats when shields drop below 5%
Government: 383 (Custom: Meriamos)
Holds a Grudge Yes
Appears in Specific system: 2175 (Custom: Mera)

For the system it is supposed to be in I have:
ID : Name : % Prob
1151 : Undying Retribution : 100%