Ai weapon choice

I've noticed that the ai sometimes will choose only to use certain weapons in its arsenal. I believe it can do this even among primaries, and use multiple secondaries simultaneously. That's all fine and good, but I've encountered a slight problem with this weapon selection in a plug i'm trying to finish.

In this plug I've set most fuel consuming weapons (including the pulse laser) to be secondary so the player can choose to use them or not with their primaries. I've also given some polaris capital ships, like the scarab and raven, additional weapons in the form of TBRLs. The problem is when said ships are in close range combat, they eschew the powerful pulse lasers in favor of the TBRL if they are close enough to use it, even though they should be able to use both at once. The TBRLs are very useful to those ships when they're being swarmed by fighters or any scenario where they can't line up their pulse laser effectively, but the use of only the TBRLs weakens their close range offense greatly.

Does anyone know of a way that I can keep the secondary setting for the pulse lasers, keep the TBRLs on those ships, and have the ai use both when attacking? I could just remove the TBRLs, but it's a sad sight when a raven or scarab get taken out by a stock pirate starbridge because they cant get their pulse laser on target.

thanks

This post has been edited by Skylark : 22 June 2010 - 09:54 PM

I don't know how to fix your problem, myself, and seeing as I'm the first to reply after you posted this nine hours ago, I don't think anyone else does, either.

I suggest fiddling with it. Try other combinations and see what happens.