EV Nova For Windows [finding resource IDs]

Help

I am simply looking for a list of ID's or how to find them myself I have done some searching before posting and cant find anything. For windows that is. I just want to be able to create some simple addons with new ships or start character with 100k and an argosy or something. Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

For future reference questions about making plug-ins should be posted on the Dev Corner

For a list of IDs, you can simply open the standard Nova Files and look in there. However, I am unsure as to where those files are located with WinNova. I use a Mac. Rest assured, someone will probably come by with the answer to that.

Welcome to the Ambrosia Boards!

Thanks for the quick response I will be sure to post all future questions there.

I found the Nova Ships Nova Ships 1.rez there were 8 of them but being a windows user I cant open them 😞

Yes you can... can't you? If you're making plug-ins, shouldn't you have EVNEW? I'm pretty sure it can open and read EVN's files.

Can a more experienced Windows user confirm this?

QUOTE (DarthKev @ Jun 8 2010, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can a more experienced Windows user confirm this?

That's correct. The Nova Files and plugins are exactly the same type of file (on the Mac and on the PC).

That said, you can find a list of the resources already uploaded to the addon pages - the one you want is on this page, most of the way down, called "EVN Default Resource Usage"

Given the subject matter of this thread, I've moved it to the EV Developer's Corner.

QUOTE (Belthazar @ Jun 8 2010, 05:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Nova Files and plugins are exactly the same type of file (on the Mac and on the PC).

On the Macintosh they have different type codes, but that makes no difference to the actual contents.