Ammo Woes

Woe, woe, woe

Okay. I have a pair of projectile-type weapons, one a gun and the other a turret. I have an ammunition outfit which is set to be ammunition for the gun. The turret is set to use the ammunition for the gun.

When I get in game and buy a projectile turret, I can't buy any ammunition. I specifically checked the Hail and Storm chainguns which use the same ammo setup, and these are known to work, and they are set up identically to how I set mine up. Any ideas? I can post up the weap/outf if you want to take a look.

Does the wëap resource for the gun specify a max ammo? If it is, that may be blocking the ammunition outfit from being purchased without the gun.

I remember a similar problem when I was debugging Nebula. There were around 3 different Wraith Cannons I could use and they called the same Wraithii as ammo. What really happened was that the Wraithii available in the outfitters did not work in my cannons... Just when I was about to give up, I changed the AmmoTypes all to what would be their default numbers. That is, take the Weäp ID and subtract 128 from it. It worked! Dunno why.

There's no "may" about it. If the gun's wëap gives a max ammo value other than 0 or -1, then the player will not be able to buy any ammo without the gun.

Does the wëap resource for the gun specify a max ammo? If it is, that may be blocking the ammunition outfit from being purchased without the gun.

Good call, that was the problem. Thank you!

I just noticed that there were not one but three replies in the time it took me to write this post. You guys are fast!

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 06 March 2010 - 05:15 PM