A completely stupid question

certainly caused by lack of usage of MC

I'm playing around with plugins again, after a long while of not even touching them. For some reason, though, I can't remember how to give a ship some fighters. I've got the appropriate bays, but why again can I not grant my carrier fighters?

Sorry for the stupidity. I have absolutely no clue what to search up, and I don't think anyone has made a topic like this before.

I believe fighter bays are a weap resource. Set the ship to have a bay under the Weapon display, and then set its amount of ammunition to give it that many fighters.

Er, yeah, that's what I did. I got two bays for Vipers and two bays for Anacondas, and I allocated eight and four fighters to each bay respectively.

When I was playing, there were no fighters for each bay.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'allocated', but if you give the ship the fighter bay as a weapon, the ammunition field controls how many fighters are present on a stock ship.

Let me do a rundown of the basics for implementing fighters:

From your post, you have the weapon, and you have the outfit for the weapon itself.
I'm assuming you already have the weapon pointing to the fighter's ship RID as it's ammunition, as well as having the weapon set to Carried Fighter.

The fighters are considered ammunition. Are there outfits for the fighters as well as the bays?
I.E. Are these fighter outfits set to be ammunition for the weapon that's supposed to launch the fighters?

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 24 August 2009 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (David Arthur @ Aug 24 2009, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure what you mean by 'allocated', but if you give the ship the fighter bay as a weapon, the ammunition field controls how many fighters are present on a stock ship.

Um, by that, I meant that I entered eight into the ammunition field of the Viper bays. I have two Viper bays already. Same with the Anaconda bays--I maxed out on the number of fighters both bays could carry, which is four.

This post has been edited by king_of_manticores : 27 August 2009 - 11:52 AM